Mini Drabble XXI: Personal Space

Shelby sat on the middle cushion of the couch, next to Alfred as Friends played on the TV. It was around 12 in the morning, but during the summer, the teen's bedtime averaged around 2 o'clock.

As they sat, however, she suddenly felt weight on her shoulder, and glanced over to see Alfred had fallen asleep, and set his head on the mortal's shoulder.

She huffed in irritation. "Alfred, come on, give me some personal space." She waited a few moments, but there was no response. "Alfred, seriously." Again, nothing but swallow breathing. "Dude, usually this is done the other way around."

The brunette spotted the creamed-colored coat of AmeriCat approaching. "Hey kitty, why don't you jump on Alfie and wake him up for me?"

Instead, AmeriCat hopped up on Shelby's lap, meowing as he trotted in a circle, before plopping down and closing his eyes.

"Seriously, guys, I'm not a pillow." Shelby groaned. Then, she spotted Misty down the hall. She made a clicking noise to grab the unicorn's attention. "Misty, come here, babe. Come lick daddy so he'll wake up and start crying." She stated.

At that, Misty trotted forward excitedly, but instead of going to Alfred, she hopped up on the free cushion next to Shelby, folding her legs underneath her, and laying her head on a free spot on Shelby's thigh, letting out a satisfied breath as she closed her eyes as well.

"Traitor." Shelby grumbled, feeling incredibly uncomfortable and stiff with all the physical contact taking place. At the same time, she didn't have it in her heart to move the sleeping fur babies, or the sleeping big baby. She sighed, leaning her head on the back of the couch as she trained her eyes back on Friends.

A rapid knock sounded on the door, before it opened, Arthur taking a step in and removing the hat he had perched on his head. "America? I'm here to-" He stopped his next word when he saw what was happening in the living room. America was leaning against Shelby, who had both AmeriCat and his unicorn England gave to Alfred years ago sprawled out on her lap. All four were sleeping peacefully, one of Shelby's hands subconsciously set on AmeriCat's back.

Arthur smiled slightly, placing the hat back on his head. "I... Suppose it can wait." He decided, before exiting the house and leaving the four occupants to sleep in peace.