Mini Drabble XXXVII: Suspicious [Pottertalia]

Dreamz, Jett, and Cooper all sat around a table, trying to actually study subjects from Transfiguration to Defense Against the Dark Arts, but kept distracting themselves, much to Cooper's dismay. The Troubled Trio was very much oblivious to the rest of the library around them.

Specifically, the pale blue eyes that were watching them between the bookshelves nearby.

Shelby had grown extremely suspicious of the group. Dreamz's injuries, Jett's strange behavior (as reported to her via both Alfred and Annalise), her lack of energy at Quidditch, and her disappearances once a month.

Specifically, the night of the full moon.

Yeah, she noticed.

Shelby wasn't smartest girl, common sense wise, and was extremely clumsy and air-headed at times, always managing to get herself hurt in any situation, from walking into doors and walls to flying straight into a Bludger without seeing it. The simplest realizations often eluded her, but she was one of the top in her class, and eventually, she would put two-and-two together.

"What are you doing?" A voice whisperer, and two heads came to rest on Shelby's shoulders, trying to see what she was looking at. She glanced sideways both ways, and was met by the blonde hair of Feliks and the strawberry blonde hair of Vladimir.

"Are you watching your friends?" Vladimir inquired. As he spoke, a third body pressed close behind Shelby, grabbing her waist and peering over Shelby's head to see. Shelby could tell by the stiffening of Vladimir's body that Alfred had arrived. The brunette suppressed a shiver from all the physical contact, and nodded.

"Something's up with those three, I just can't put my finger on it." She explained.

"Ummm... They suck at Quidditch?"

"Alfred, Jett's on your team."

"Oh yeah."

"They all have green... Or greenish eyes?"

"No."

"They, like, all have funny accents and stuff?"

"Feliks, that's pretty subjective. To me, only Alfred doesn't have an funny accent."

"Oh."

"Well, we are going to start studying Potions. Come over when you are done spying." Vlad stated, and with that, the boys left. But Shelby stayed rooted in her spot.

Eventually, the dots would connect in her mind. It was only a matter of time.