Mini Drabble XXXIII: Twilight Werewolves [Pottertalia]

It was late in the Ravenclaw common room. Shelby sat in the lounge, reading her book with the light from her illuminated wand. It was silent except for the wind howling against the side of the castle, paired with the slamming of rain on the brick and glass panes. Every-so-often, it almost sounded as though an animal was howling in the Forbidden Forest outside the grounds, but Shelby was so lost in the book that she didn't seem to realize.

She didn't break away from her book until she heard a knock on the entrance to the common room. Her head snapped up, and she blinked, her stomach flipping as she inserted a bookmark into the book, and grabbed her wand, making her way to the entrance. When she opened it, Dreamz stumbled inside, soaked from head-to-toe, shaking with an exhausted expression.

"Thank you." She breathed, obviously grateful that someone was there to open the door for her.

"I honestly don't know who I expected to be knocking at that door. You're the only Ravenclaw who would be out to all hours of the night despite Filch and Mrs. Norris being out there." Shelby teased, walking back over to her seat and delving back into the book.

Dreamz blinked, noticing the book the older student happened to be reading. "Are you... Studying werewolves?" She asked wearily.

"Yeah, I had no clue that werewolves... Weren't fluffy." She admitted with a slight flush on her face. Luckily, it was dark, so Dreamz didn't notice.

"Didn't you study werewolves, like, a while ago? Within the first few years?" Dreamz asked.  "There's really no need to study them now."

"I know I know. We studied how werewolves are created, and behavior, as well as how to defend ourselves against one... But the whole time, I pictured... Well, Twilight werewolves."

Dreamz blinked slowly. "Twilight... As in the Muggle book Twilight? The one about the vampires?"

"Yeah, but I was always a wolf girl." She smiled. "I was Team Jacob from New Moon to when Renesmee was born. And I may or may not have had a crush on Seth Clearwater." Shelby giggled as she remembered one of her original fandoms.

Dreamz shook her head. "I'll never understand why you still talk about Muggle stuff when you're a part of the wizarding world now."

"Just let me live Dreamz." Shelby muttered, turning the page. "Anyways, so I wanted to read up on werewolf anatomy and such. They're so different. Not only are real werewolves not... BORN into the powers, but they look like this... Hybrid with really long limps, a tiny little tail, and almost no fur... Poor things, everyone's so scared of them. I bet all they need is some friends." She smiled. She was fully aware that having friends wouldn't help a werewolf in any way, but she still liked imagining them not being so outed by society.

Dreamz shook her head, yawning as she made her way towards the stairs that led to the dormitories. "You have a really weird way of viewing the world, you know that, right?"

Shelby nodded, "Sometimes, thinking the way I do is the only way I can remind myself that there is good in this world. Everything else depresses me."

__________________________
As a diehard Twihard, I would just like to state that the "werewolves" we see in Twilight aren't actually werewolves. They're simply shape shifters, and though they could chose to shape shift into beings other than wolves, the stories and history of their tribe, as well as their genetics, keep them transforming into wolves. Real werewolves are called Moon Children, and they're only found on the Eurasian continents. Most people don't remember that though, so for the sake of simplicity, I just go along with calling them werewolves.

... I know most of you don't care at all about Twilight, but I still felt the need to point that out ^^" Sorry