Mini Drabble XIV: Meeting Allen

"Oh say, can you see? By the dawn's early light! What so proudly we hail, by the twilight's last gleaming." Shelby sang in a soft voice as she walked down the street. "Whose broad stripes and bright stars! Through the perilous flight. For the rampart we watched, were so gallantly streaming?"

Usually she didn't like to sing in public, but as far as she was aware, the street was empty, and she kept her voice low enough not to disturb her neighbors in their houses. "And the rocket's red glare! The bombs bursting in air! Gave proof through the night, that our flag was still there! Oh say, does that star-spangled, banner yet wave." She held some of the notes. "For the land of the free! And the home, of the, brave!" She finished the last note, smiling widely.

"Wow, did you sing that song for little ole me?" A voice said from behind her. "Sounds like someone's tryin' ta get laid."

Shelby paused in shock. That voice sounded like it belonged to Alfred except it had a slight New Yorker accent. She turned in utter disgust, ready to give him a lecture on how he should talk to her, but stopped herself when she saw another man. He had bronze skin and mahogany colored mop of hair that was styled similar to America's. He also had a cowlick, but it leaned the another way, which looked unnatural. Covering his eyes were thick, black shades and when he smiled, he had a missing tooth. He reminded Shelby of Casey Jones.

"Er... Excuse me, but who are you? And why are you talking to me?" Shelby inquired.

The man made a fake pouty face. "Aw, babe, you wanna play like that?"

Shelby was now becoming extremely uncomfortable. "Don't call me that. I don't-"

He smiled. "Samara. Dollface. Come on, I know we're fighting right now, but I miss ya. Let's go back to my place and talk this out."

"Um, no. First, my name is Shelby. Second, I'm not going anywhere with you."

"Shelby? That's a stupid name. Where'd ya get that? Did ya pull that outta ya ass?" The man laughed.

Shelby's face flushed angrily. "I'm leaving, sir. Thanks for this lovely talk."

"Hey, no. Samara, we are talking. This. OUT!" The man snapped, his pace quickening towards her.

She squeaked with fear, taking off as fast as her legs could carry her. Even so, the man caught up quickly, grabbing her shirt and yanking her back. "Come on, doll. We're going home."

He covered Shelby's mouth with his hand to quiet her screaming as he practically picked her up and carried her back to a truck running nearby.

As the truck drove away, another girl leaned out from behind the tree. Her face was the exact same shape as Shelby's but she had fair skin, pin-straight, dark brown hair, and dark brown eyes. Her clothes were tight-fitting, which fit her thin figure.

The girl pursed her perfectly done-up red lips. "Poor girl... I feel really bad now." She sighed as stepped out from behind the tree fully. "But I guess she had to take the fall for me if I wanted Allen off my tail.."

With that, she flipped her hair off her shoulder and began walking the way Shelby had been headed, her heels clicking as she wondered where her 1p had been heading.