Masamune-kun no Revenge

***Anime information***

Seasons: 1

Episodes: 12

Episode length: 24:00

Genre: Harem, Comedy, Romance, School, Shounen

Viewers rating: 7/10

Opening: Wagamama MIRROR HEART

Ending: Elemental World

Plot: As a child, Masamune Makabe once suffered greatly at the hands of a wealthy and beautiful girl named Aki Adagaki, who nicknamed him "Piggy" due to his chubby appearance. Seeking revenge against his tormentor, Masamune works hard to improve himself and returns as an incredibly handsome, albeit narcissistic, high school student. When he encounters Aki once again, he is prepared to exact vengeance.

With the aid of the rich girl's maid, Yoshino Koiwai, Masamune slowly begins to build his relationship with Aki, intending to break her heart when the time is right. However, as his friendship with Aki begins to grow, Masamune starts to question the objectives of his devious plans, and if bringing them to fruition is what his heart truly desires.

***personal input***

Personal rating: 5/10

Opinion: When I saw the cover for this show I fell in love with the art style and the charter design. I would have watched it for that alone. However, I'm sad to say that I'd hoped that this series would have turned out better than it did. Here's my review of Masamune-kun no Revenge.

The story held a lot of potential to be a fascinating romance, but they wasted that potential story and produced some cliché bullshit. The story was bland, boring and hardly worth investing four hours into. The plot was as basic as they get, I feel like minimum effort was put into an actual story. Some "Hot" guy decides to play with girl's emotions while he concocts a revenge plan, because his childhood friend call him a pig and rejected his love.

First off, they were kids. There's no doubt in my mind that they had no real ideas regarding love. I'd go as far as to say that Masamune's childhood love confession was halfhearted and he didn't have any genuine feelings of love at all. I think he was so used to being verbally abused because of his body, that he "fell in love" with the first girl that offered to be nice to him regularly.

So the back story concerning the two main characters was poorly done. And when you look at the anime in it's present time, things don't get any better. This show is a harem! Why!? Maybe they thought that by adding a harem it would make it that much more romantic when he realized he was in love with that bitch of a heroine. Well, guess what? The only thing adding a harem ever does is start Waifu Wars in forums. So, good job.

On top of the poorly written back story and present Harem, the show was almost entirely filler. They spent their episodes doing random shit, introducing characters that they'd hardly or never develop. The main plot at hand was referenced more than enough, but it was hardly developed throughout the series. This critical error allowed for a half assed ending and in some views a cliffhanger. As, we never got to see just how Masamune's Master plan unfolded.

The story was garbage, but the art style was amazing. As I said, the art style was what prompted me to watch this show in the beginning. I stick by what I've said, in saying that the character design, art style and animation were all great.

The music was okay, but I do lean more towards the positive side with it. The anime had some fine tracks to compose its general soundtrack, and that made it worth listen to each song each episode.

And finally, the soul of our harem! The cast of characters that could all die and I wouldn't care at all! How should I put this? Oh, I know! IT'S A HAREM! That means lots of characters, little development and much disappointment. Don't get me wrong, good harem anime do exist, this just isn't one of them.

The protagonist was self deluded and egotistical. The main heroine was a Tsundere ass the entire show, and the majority of the other characters didn't have any real point to being there. The cast wasn't well developed at all, and that lead to a hindrance in the show.

This show is pretty, it has catchy music and looks like a real gem. But in reality this show is boring, cliché and goes absolutely no where in it's entire run time. I suggest skipping over it.

Favorite character:

Koiwai Yoshino

Favorite part:

***Average***

Plot: 70

Op: 80

Character's: 75

Art style: 97

Enjoyment: 82

Masamune-kun no Revenge Average: 81 (C level anime)