Hinata no Aoshigure

***Movie information***

Movie length: 18:00

Genres: Adventure, Fantasy, Romance

Viewers rating: 7/10

Opening: none

Ending: none

Plot: Hinata is very good at drawing and falls in love with his classmate, Shigure; however, Hinata is not good at talking to people, so he keeps his feelings in his imagination and drawings. Then, Shigure's family decides to move to another town. On the day of their move, Hinata says to himself, "I must tell her my feelings!" and starts to chase after the train which is taking Shigure away.

***personal input***

Personal rating: 6/10

Opinion: While it was ridiculously short, this movie was a nice one. Now, because of it's length I have less to say about it, however I will to my best to be as informative as I usually am. I present Hinata no Aoshigure.

So our plot, it was okay. I wanna say it was interesting, and it was, but maybe for different reason than you would think. On the surface, with it's romantic elements, one might say it's bland and cliché. Fair enough. I even wanted to say that at first, but I realized just how special the story and it's romance was soon after.

The characters, they're kids! Isn't that great? It's so odd because almost every romance I've seen is centered around high schoolers and adults. So for a movie about kids, who have no real idea about love to come out, it was interesting. Their obliviousness was another thing that really made the movie more appealing. His they didn't really know anything about why they were "in love" or why they had to move.

It's a relatable feature, as similar things have happened to us as kids I'm sure. And as kids we're left wondering, why did it have to happen? Well the movie takes on that very issue as it's main conflict.

And the ending was even better. When Hinata finally catches up to express his feelings, I was hoping he didn't. As I didn't want him to blankly state something he didn't understand, in hopes of not ruining anything. And he didn't. Rather, he wishes her luck and leave her with a picture to remember him back. It was sweet, made sense and allowed for a possible sequel, although I doubt it'll ever get one.

I thought that ending it with Shigure as an older character and her contemplating her return to see Hinata was actually really nice. As it shows some time has passed and she still thinks of him.

There wasn't much music to the soundtrack, rather only a single song. However, I think it was a very catchy, and appropriate song. The lyrics fit the situation perfectly and it was plays during the most crucial time. While small, I'd say it was a solid soundtrack.

The art style was weird. Kinda childish, which was a good fit for the movie. It was a bit odd at times, but it wasn't that bad really and allowed for a creative portray of the movie.

Hinata no Aoshigure wasn't my favorite or the best movie. But if you have twenty minutes to spare I recommend you check it out.

Favorite character: none

Favorite part:

***Average***

Plot: 80

Op: none

Character's: 80

Art style: 80

Enjoyment: 82

Hinata no Aoshigure average: 81 (C level film)