Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!

***Anime information***

Seasons: 1

Episodes: 13

Episode length: 24:00

Genre: Action, Ecchi, Sports

Viewers rating: 6/10

Opening: Beautiful Dreamer

Ending: Fan fanfair

Plot: Hagiwara Sakura and Miyazawa Elena are the leading members of a popular idol group, Sweet Diva. One day, Elena is injured by the attack of a female pro-wrestler Kazama Rio during the recording of a TV program. Sakura gets mad at Rio and gives her a dropkick. To avenge Elena, Sakura enters the female pro-wrestling matches.

***personal input***

Personal rating: 6/10

Opinion: In certain aspects the anime wasn't very far off, in others...it wasn't so accurate. But this is defiantly the first anime I've seen to deal with wrestling. Kicking things off, here's my opinion of Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!

The plot was actually really interesting, personally. An idol becomes a pro wrestler in order to prove a point to the world. It might sound incredibly stupid when I word it in such a way, but I really liked the ideas of the story. Now, being a past fan of actual prom wrestling, I was able to make decent comparisons between the two based on what I know. Now, there are some things that were way off, but for the most part I think the show did a great job at representing the sport.

I wasn't sure how they'd make the anime work though. Seeing as how real matches can take hours, I didn't like the idea of forcing them into twenty five minute episodes. I was pleasantly surprised however, when I'd come to find that it worked out. Besides some time skips here and there, the show had alright pacing.

But, I will say, because it's one of my strongest Hates of the anime. Episode three or four titled "I give up" was the most annoying episode I've ever seen in any anime. I'm not exaggerating, it was the most annoying and frustrating thing ever. Hearing the protagonist yell "I give up!" And lose over and over and over and over... I couldn't stand it.

Another thing was the main character's losing streak. Okay, I get she's new, and an idol, but after a few months I think she should have won at least one match. I think it's overstretched, and BS that she didn't manage to win anything before like sixty loses.

But, as the anime hit it's halfway point, I things really started to pick up. I began more invested in more aspects of the anime, and gradually became more interested in the anime. One of the reasons for this was because it was focused more on the story and not so much on the fan service. Now, I won't even try to deny all the sexualized positions, sounds and other things that show when characters are in the ring. But outside of that, and a fair amount is outside of it, there is little to none. It left room to invest in the characters and the issues they were dealing with.

Plus, the story had a decent plot twist at the end. I never would have expected the "assassin" to be the protagonist best friend. In fact she never crossed my mind as a candidate. So, that was a surprise twist to myself, and made that ending fight slightly more intense. A battle of friends. In the end, the story was mildly accurate to actual women's wrestling, and kept me entertain using minimal amounts of fan service throughout the series.

The art and animation was alright. I liked the designs of all the characters, and everything looked really well drawn. The animation was on the same levels, as all the moves characters preformed were smooth, fluid, and looked identical to actual wrestlers.

Now, I loved the soundtrack for the anime. It was amazing. With the opening, the ending, and the various OST tracks that played during matches, the music really left great impressions on me.

And our character cast wasn't such a disappointment either. I thought that because of it's ecchi tags that characters would be neglected. But I was happy to see that wasn't the case, as each character matter, little or lots. Of course there were the occasional meaningless characters, but for the most part, I thought everyone had a role to play. I liked the relationship developments between the idols and friends. I really didn't expect drama to come from there, but it provided the emotion developments I was looking for.

We got to see just how much the main character's friends cared about her, and just how they felt about her leaving, how they dealt with it. It was a development that lasted till the last episode, and it made the main characters much deeper than they would have been without those issues.

There were some serious faults in the series, but I enjoyed it. It was the first anime I've seen to cover wrestling, and so I was interested. I loved how accurate it was in most areas, not all mind you. Generally, I liked a little of everything, it was a generally enjoyable anime that I think some of you might enjoy.

Favorite character:

kanno nanami

***Average***

Plot: 86

Op: 90

Character's: 77

Art style: 83

Enjoyment: 84

Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! Average: 84 (C level anime)