Amagi brilliant park

***Anime information***

Seasons: 1

Episodes: 13

Episode length: 24:00

Genre: Comedy, Magic

Viewers rating: 8/10

Opening: Extra magic hour

Ending: Elementario de Aimashou

Plot: Kanie Seiya, a smart and extremely narcissistic high school student, believes that the beautiful but reserved Sento Isuzu has invited him on a date at an amusement park called Amagi Brilliant Park. Much to his chagrin, not only is the location a run-down facility, the supposed date is merely a recruitment tour where Sento and Princess Latifa Fleuranza, the owner of the theme park, ask him to become the park's new manager. Their cause for desperation? As stipulated in a land-use contract, Amagi has less than three months to meet a quota of 500,000 guests, or the park will be closed for good and the land redeveloped by a greedy real-estate company. Seiya is won over by the revelation that Amagi is no ordinary amusement park; many of its employees are Maple Landers—mysterious magical beings who live in the human world and are nourished by the energy created by people having fun. Entrusted with the hopes and dreams of this far-off enchanted land, Seiya must now use his many skills to bring Amagi back on its feet, or watch it crumble before his eyes. 

***personal input***

Personal rating: 8/10

Opinion: I'll start off by saying that this anime is very special in it's own way. And that's it's also very good, like really good.

The anime completes a very difficult task of having a serious plot point, and lots of comedic values there to even out the serious to humorous ratio. The anime also gives more rare ideals of magic. Usually in anime magic means spells, magic circles and awesome fights. Well that's not the case here, its actually the characters that are the core of the magic element. However there are powers and such, powers that the protagonist neglects to use to his advantage 80% of the time.

Next is the comedy itself. I dunno if the feeling is mutual, but the majority of Comedy anime just aren't that funny to me. Its rare I find an anime that will actually make me laugh, and so that's why I commend this anime on such amazing efforts. This is probably one of the funniest anime I've seen, so extra points there.

I can't say I've seen this plot anywhere else. It isn't usual that I watch an anime about magical beings hiring a narcissist to save them from disappearing. The plot was also very enjoyable and in my opinion, creative. When the cards are played correctly you get pretty good anime, and I must say that this anime had a full house. This anime had a pretty awesome story and inspired one of my biggest ships in all of anime. So GG there.

The last thing plot related I wanna point out is the ending. Now I won't go into detail due to spoilers, but I think I can be dense and still make my point. How doesn't love a happy ending? I know I sure do. However an ending that seems forced and makes no since? That's a different story.

The ending of this anime was both beautiful and bullshit. As much as I liked the happy ending, I also hated it for being so far fetched and not reasonable. If you even try to argue, "well it's Magic!" No, just get out! As much as disagree I also agree, this anime should have had a more realistic ending. And it didn't. This is really my only serious problem with the show, and the fact that my ship never sailed.

Next is soundtrack and art style. Wow, just wow for both. A beautiful art style that really brought the magic and such to life in the show. And a catchy soundtrack that you wanna listen to on repeat. The art style flowed almost perfectly and was extremely vivid in colors and animation. It really did its job well. Even with monsters, which is a common point where art styles mess up, it stayed strong when introducing things like Dragons.

Lastly, the highlight of Amagi Brilliant park, the characters! It's no surprise, the characters are usually the best part of most anime. However, these are some of the most unique and special characters I've ever seen. You won't simply find a cast like this one anywhere else. Almost all charters had time to express themselves and you really were able to connect and feel for them. The connections were so strong! The ships were so real! Honestly, if the plot doesn't interest you, I'd watch it just for its characters. They really are something magical.

Favorite character:

Sento Isuzu

Favorite part:

Favorite part:

***Average***

Plot: 92

Op: 93

Character's: 98

Art style: 95

Enjoyment: 97

Amagi brilliant park Average: 95 (A level anime)