Gakusen Toshi Asterisk

***Anime information***

Seasons: 2

Episodes: 24 (12 per season)

Episode length: 24:00

Genre: Action, Comedy, Ecchi, Fantasy, Harem, Romance, School, Sci-fi, Supernatural

Viewers rating: 7/10

Opening: 1.) Brand New world
2.) The Asterisk War

Ending: 1.) Waiting for the rain
2.) Ai no Uta -words of love

Plot: Gakusen Toshi Asterisk follows the story of Ayato Amagiri, a student who has just transferred into one of the six most elite schools for Genestella students in the world—Seidoukan Academy—where students learn to control their powers and duel against each other in entertainment battles known as festas. Unfortunately, Ayato gets off to a rough start. When trying to return a lost handkerchief to a female classmate, he accidentally sees her changing which leads to her challenging him to a duel. What most people don't realize however, is that Ayato has no real interest in festas and instead has an alternative motive for joining this prestigious school. What is Ayato's big secret? Will he be able to keep up his act when surrounded by some of the greatest Genestella in the world?

***personal input***

Personal rating: 7/10

Opinion: This was an incredibly enjoyable anime, I must say I loved watching it. Now, from a more technical view it wasn't stand alone and was of a more copied cored. See, in this anime they had a ordeal of magic and special weapons depending on the characters. They then battle in the Festa. In Rakudai Kishi No Cavalry it's almost the exact same, as they have weapons and weapons manifested from the soul and also compete in a tournament. So, the plot, while having some special points was almost fully copied.

The same is with the characters. Its almost immediately identified that the main heroine is a Claire Rouge type of character.  The Tsundere type. So, just like the plot having it's own special points, but not entirely, the character cast is the same way. Having some pretty awesome characters that stand out, while also using some of the more copied character models for others. However I did like the way this anime worked with the characters. Seemingly bad people revealing how nice and cool they are, and others like that. I enjoyed all of the characters and to me they where really definite. If one character was supposed to be loved, then they were subconsciously loved! The show did a great job of unknowingly categorizing them from love to hate.

One of the most awesome soundtracks. Even the endings were liked by me, which is rather important because I usually hate the endings of anime.

The art style was fenominal! The animation for not only the characters but their actions was simply amazing and super smooth. For instance, when they would cast magic, how it was animated and shown was really awesome and over the top.

All in all the best part about the anime isn't the plot, or even characters. Its the enjoyment. As I said this was a super enjoyable anime. They took all its elements, cliche or not and made a nice anime that was just an enjoyment. This anime is awesome in so many ways and you should try out the first season. Its probably a hit or miss, but if it hits then you'll definitely want to watch season 2.

Favorite character:

Enfield Claudia

sasamiya saya

Toudou Kirin

Favorite part:

Favorite part:

***Average***

Plot: 89

Op: 94

Character's: 95

Art style: 95

Enjoyment: 98

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk average: 92 (B level Anime)