Owari no Seraph

***Anime information***

Seasons: 2

Episodes: 24 (12 per season)

Episode length: 24:00

Genre: Action, Drama, Shounen, Supernatural, Vampire

Viewers rating: 8/10

Opening:  X.U.

Two souls -toward the truth

Ending: scaPEGoat

Orarion

Plot: With the appearance of a mysterious virus that kills everyone above the age of 13, mankind becomes enslaved by previously hidden, power-hungry vampires who emerge in order to subjugate society with the promise of protecting the survivors, in exchange for donations of their blood.

Among these survivors are Yuuichirou and Mikaela Hyakuya, two young boys who are taken captive from an orphanage, along with other children whom they consider family. Discontent with being treated like livestock under the vampires' cruel reign, Mikaela hatches a rebellious escape plan that is ultimately doomed to fail. The only survivor to come out on the other side is Yuuichirou, who is found by the Moon Demon Company, a military unit dedicated to exterminating the vampires in Japan.

Many years later, now a member of the Japanese Imperial Demon Army, Yuuichirou is determined to take revenge on the creatures that slaughtered his family, but at what cost?

Owari no Seraph is a post-apocalyptic supernatural shounen anime that follows a young man's search for retribution, all the while battling for friendship and loyalty against seemingly impossible odds.

***personal input***

Personal rating: 9/10

Opinion: Every once in awhile we run into certain series. Anime that we deem better than most, series that we can proudly call our favorites. Our personal masterpieces. This anime is a masterpiece. Man, from the very first episode I was drawn in with an interesting story concept, and as the show progressed it only got better! As time passed, more and more details unveiled and continued to support the expanding story.

This anime really sheds some new and much needed light on the vampire genres in today's media. Being someone who's very familiar with the genre, I can say this anime is very unique, and elaborates on the concept better than anything else I've seen. This story appealed to so many of my favorite aspects of not only anime, but general fiction. Thus making this an unbelievably amazing story. Even after viewing as many anime as I have, this story remains and all time favorite and personal liking. But that ending? The ending of the second season hit me hard. It was a super intense cliffhanger that I want to be resolved more than anything. I'm hoping for a third season.

Now, besides that amazing storyline, I thought the art style for the series was rather good, and the animation was beautiful. With the exception of the protagonist, I loved the styling of every character, simply how they looked. Adding onto that thought, the animation was dazzling. Fully emerging the viewer in the intense battle scenes, bringing the fighting to life on an incredible scale.

And the soundtrack? Some of my favorite music of all time. Defiantly one of the most bad ass endings I've ever heard. Both openings were amazing, getting my hyped through the music and awesome video that play along with it. There wasn't a single episode that left me bored.

Finally, with our characters. I was impressed, the characters were cool, cute, they were likable. I mean, the protagonist was kinda stupid, hot headed, and its debatable if he was sane. But the other four or so main characters? I loved them! It was interesting to get to know them on the personal level that we did. I was also shipping the protagonist and the main female lead for the whole show. The entire character cast, both good and evil were simply amazing

This anime has a little of everything when I look at it. It most deficiently on my top ten, and it may always be a personal masterpiece in my eyes. The show was just so good, done so well! I you think you might enjoy it, chances are you will. It's too great of a show for any other outcome.

Favorite character:

krul trepes

Hiiragi Shinoa

Hiiragi Shinoa

Favorite part:

Favorite part:

***Average***

Plot: 93

Op: 92

Character's: 94

Art style: 90

Enjoyment: 91

Owari no Seraph average 92 (B level anime)