Keijo

***Anime information***

Seasons: 1

Episodes: 12

Episode length: 24:00

Genre: Sports, Ecchi, Shounen

Viewers rating: 7/10

Opening: DREAM×SCRAMBLE

Ending: Fantas/HIP Girlfriends

Plot: Kaminashi Nozomi (17) is an exceptional gymnast. So much so that colleges with some of the best gymnastic programs are trying to recruit her. Unfortunately for them, she has other plans. Due to her family being extremely poor, money is everything to her. That's why she wants to step into the world of "Keijo." "Keijo" is a type of gambling sport where girls stand on a small floating platform and compete against one another. The aim is to push the other contestant off of the platform into the water, but they are only allowed to use their butt or breasts to push the others off. Will Nozomi be able to compete in the intense world of "Keijo" and bring wealth and fortune for her family?

***personal input***

Personal rating: 6/10

Opinion: In a world where bums cause calamity of higher caliber than the utmost horrible disasters, and breast can shoot lasers...I present to you all, Ass wars! The animation.

Keijo was an unexpected like for myself. Now, of course it's not much more than one huge joke, but beyond it's ridiculous elements and all the jokes I made at the series, I actually enjoyed it. I can't say you'll feel at all similar, in fact a lot of people dislike the series, but let's just get into this!

So firstly, that plot. Am I right?! Fantastic story, absolutely breath taking, and an idea only a genius could think up.

Just... Just kidding

What plot is there here?! I mean, even the protagonist has mediocre reasons that drive her, she simply wants to get rich by slamming her ass into other people. (That's certainly the first time I've ever said that...) When it comes to actual story and story driven elements, there really are none. I mean, they make a simple sport out to be the next Dragon ball Z series. Honestly, some of the things those girl's can to with their bodies is terrifying and completely ridiculous.

The anime spans over the year that the main characters are in training. In that time it covers many hardships, body battles, and even the "west-east war". I didn't think the show would manage with this, in fact I was expecting to see the pro league of Keijo in the anime. Unfortunately, we don't get a look at that until the lasts minutes of the last episode. By this point in time, regardless of all other flaws, I was enjoying myself and I was having fun as I watched the show. I was a bit disappointed that it ended when it did. Even more so since we got to look at several potential new characters in the last seconds. I wouldn't mind a continuation of the show, while there are many anime that should be put first, if a second season was to be announced, I wouldn't mind. In fact I'd be excited.

When it came to animation, and art, those were done very well. The characters were drawn and animated so well, and when fighting, even if with their butts, they moved so smoothly, and the BS attacks looked incredibly good. Adding onto that, there was a good soundtrack to enforce the show. Songs that got me excited at the start of episodes and for the next at the ends.

The characters were a bit hard to judge. All I can really say they were bland. We got almost zero, in fact with the exclusion of one character, there was no development in the characters. Only developments in their asses! When we did get developments, it was once when we learned a father didn't support his daughters decision to play Keijo, and that she was upset over it. That was all. While I liked most of the characters, there wasn't a lot to base my opinion off of, and nothing to build them off of. I liked them, but they were basic, bland, simple, they were bad. But what do you expect from an all ecchi series?

A lot of people think this anime is taking fan service to new levels. I say it's creating a parody of fan service itself. I mean, if you just look at it and how stupid it is, you'll understand my point. I can't say anyone will like the show, but it sure as hell surprised me! I never expected to like the series this much, and if they deicide to continue from where this season left off, I'm completely behind a season two.

Favorite character:

Miyata Sayaka

Aoba Kazane

Preview part:

Preview part:

***Average***

Plot: 70

Op: 82

Character's: 80

Art style: 90

Enjoyment: 88

Keijo average: 82 (C level anime)