Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru

***Anime information***

Seasons: 2

Episodes: 26 (13 per season)

Episode length: 24:00

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance, school

Viewers rating: 8/10

Opening: Yakitori

Harumodoki

Ending: hello alone

Everyday world

Plot: Hachiman Hikigaya is an apathetic high school student with narcissistic and semi-nihilistic tendencies. He firmly believes that joyful youth is nothing but a farce, and everyone who says otherwise is just lying to themselves.

In a novel punishment for writing an essay mocking modern social relationships, Hachiman's teacher forces him to join the Volunteer Service Club, a club that aims to extend a helping hand to any student who seeks their support in achieving their goals. With the only other club member being the beautiful ice queen Yukino Yukinoshita, Hachiman finds himself on the front line of other people's problems-a place he never dreamed he would be. As Hachiman and Yukino use their wits to solve many students' problems, will Hachiman's rotten view of society prove to be a hindrance or a tool he can use to his advantage?

***personal input***

Personal rating: 8/10

Opinion: Wowie wow wow. That's how I have to start this, with an expression symbolizing that I'm at a loss of actual wording. This anime, to put it simply, took my breath away.

I technically started this series over a year ago from my writing this. It was when I'd jumped into the second season without knowing. I soon caught on and dropped the series for awhile, but I'm so glad I finished the series. I try not to exaggerate when I say, It was phenomenal. But myself telling you it was good in a single sentence defeats the purpose of constructive critique. Let's dig into the detail, shall we?

The story? Well, as the anime started, primarily throughout the first season; I was still attaching myself to it all and trying to figure certain things out. I don't think of it as a major issue, but for what it's worth, it was a bit boring at times. This was soon discarded as season two began playing, but during the majority of season one I was a bit displeased and not entertained. It's noteworthy that this wasn't the case for the whole season, but a mass of it.

The idea of the story itself was a bit dull as well. That may be because I'm a fictional, fantasy kinda guy and magic and dragons are my usual. However, I didn't find it hard to sit down and watch, and in doing so appreciate the beautiful story carved from the slice of life genre. Throughout the second season, I realized that none of the flaws of the season prior really mattered. As, I found I was absorbed, in love with the series. I can't spend forever on the story, so I'll move on after stating this.

(What I'm about to state is a spoiler of the entire show, so read at your own will)

While I fell in love with the series, it certainly wasn't perfect. But nothing really mattered because I enjoyed the show. Regardless of that however, I think i speak for more than myself when I say the ending upset me, and they needed to pick a girl! Not only does the second season leave on a cliffhanger, but in the end, no real relationships are formed. Two seasons of ships from myself and other fans, but to no avail. And the show wasn't even a harem!

With that all aside, the art is a pretty special case for the series. I don't think I've found a case prior to this one, that I've noticed a significant increase in the art and animation per season. During the first season, the characters were kinda rough, and even unappealing at times. However, during the second season, I immediately noticed the sharp increase of the art work. Everything was smoother, had more contrast, and looked 100x more beautiful.

While on the other hand, the series managed to uphold a high standard on its soundtrack, as it had amazing music throughout the whole. It's no Tokyo Ghoul, but it's certainly amazing and something you could listen to on repeat.

Finally, I think the anime did a wonderful job at its portrayal of adolescence and highschool. This of course was all due to it's wonderful character casting. I found something to love in each and every character, and alongside that, something to hate. Each character in themselves was unique, and they all seemed to represent a certain aspect of a teenage life. Being a late teen myself, I could relate to a lot and loved this element of the series.

Before I leave you all to watch the show for yourself; since I had another "Re zero moment" with this series, and found myself having to choose who was defiant Best girl...please let my set it in stone. Yukinoshita is without question best girl. She is rivaled by none in my eyes, and I wanted more than anything to see a more romantic relationship with her form. I was always waiting for that moment...

Who knows though, maybe I'll see you all again when there's a season three! Well, until then!

Favorite character:

yukinoshita yukino

Favorite part:

***Average***

Plot: 84

Op: 93

Character's: 95

Art style: 92

Enjoyment: 94

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru average: 92 (B level anime)