Dragon Crisis

***Anime information***

Seasons: 1

Episodes: 12

Episode length: 24:00

Genre: Action, Magic, Romance, School, Supernatural

Viewers rating: 7/10

Opening: Immortalist

Ending: Mirai bowl

Plot: A normal high school boy Kisaragi Ryuji's peaceful life is turned into an adventure by the return of his second cousin Eriko. Ryuji and Eriko seize a relic box from a black broker. In the box, they find a red dragon girl Rose. In order to protect Rose from the black organization, Ryuji decides to fight using his power as a relic handler.

***personal input***

Personal rating: 6/10

Opinion: I wasn't exactly hyped for this series. Although I thought it sounded alright, and looked kinda cool, and I suppose the outcome wasn't all bad. But it wasn't all good. Let's dive into my opinion of Dragon Crisis!

So, I'll start by saying that the story sounded interesting. But the reality of things weren't on that same positive level. You have this sort of war going on between people of the "Organization" and various races of dragons. While at the same time, our protagonist is a member of the organization and is befriending dragons.

That was cool. No so bad there.

And certain, special people can wield a "lost precious" in battle. Again, this wasn't all that bad of an idea. I just hated the item that the protagonist used. It was a dagger. Now, there isn't anything wrong with a dagger on a general level, but I just hate them. I also disliked how it was designed and how over powered it was. I mean, a sword would have been fine. That's just a nitpick I have.

I also feel that the twelve episoded didn't focus on the main thing that the anime is about. Dragons! There were no real dragon on dragon fights in this anime. And besides the black dragon introduced in the beginning and reappearing in the end, there were no real dragon antagonist.

[Slight Contradiction/paradox incoming!]

The show also had no real, steady plot to abide by as the episodes progressed. The main characters went off and did random stuff for 98% of the show. The spent an entire episode trapped in a painting fighting a serial killer. While this was probably my favorite episode in the anime, I most certainly believe that the screen time could have been devoted to some relevant to a plot of sorts.

The plot of this anime is like when you play an RPG but spend all your time doing side quest, rather than the main storyline. It was all over the place and random as hell. Now, I won't say I hated this, but I think it deducted from what this anime could have been so long as it followed a decent plot.

The final thing I'd like to touch upon in the plot is the ending. This was something that really pissed me off. Was it just me, or was the final battle incredibly underwhelming and anticlimactic? Black dragon returns and all hope is lost. But wait! Thickest plot armor in all the nine worlds has arrived around the protagonist!