One Punch man

***Anime information***

Seasons: 1

Episodes: 12

Episode length: 24:00

Genre: Action, Sci-Fi, Comedy, Parody, Superpower Supernatural

Viewers rating: 9/10

Opening: THE HERO

Ending: Hoshi yori Saki ni Mitsukete Ageru

Plot: The seemingly ordinary and unimpressive Saitama has a rather unique hobby: being a hero. In order to pursue his childhood dream, he trained relentlessly for three years—and lost all of his hair in the process. Now, Saitama is incredibly powerful, so much so that no enemy is able to defeat him in battle. In fact, all it takes to defeat evildoers with just one punch has led to an unexpected problem—he is no longer able to enjoy the thrill of battling and has become quite bored.

This all changes with the arrival of Genos, a 19-year-old cyborg, who wishes to be Saitama's disciple after seeing what he is capable of. Genos proposes that the two join the Hero Association in order to become certified heroes that will be recognized for their positive contributions to society, and Saitama, shocked that no one knows who he is, quickly agrees. And thus begins the story of One Punch Man, an action-comedy that follows an eccentric individual who longs to fight strong enemies that can hopefully give him the excitement he once felt and just maybe, he'll become popular in the process.

***personal input***

Personal rating: 8/10

Opinion: Funniest action/comedy anime of all time? Extremely possible!

I went into this anime with a pretty closed mindset, as I tend to have high bars set for mainstream series. The after effects are me owning some manga from the series.

One punch man was a huge surprise! I was one punched into loving the series. I wasn't kidding, I went out and bought the manga afterwards. I don't tend to get along with mainstream anime series, but holy shit am I glad I watched the show. It took around two episodes, as I was apparently in the minority and wasn't hooked right away. The first episode covered our hero's back story about how he saved a kid with his balls on his face. Long story short, I didn't care.

However once the episodes after kicked in I was immediately hooked. As the anime focused on the present of our hero, and all the ridiculous events that happened around him, I fell in love with the show, and the series as a whole. And once the other characters were beginning to be introduced? God, that only amplified my liking of the series. The plot, while being totally one big joke, was great! Even when pur hero was bored by his ridiculously overpowered strength, I wasn't! I enjoyed watching him take down things no one else could in one punch. I was awesome and hilarious.

The art style is something I'd like to bring to attention. Surely I'm not the only one to have noticed, but the animation was divided right down the center. Half of it shone hilarious impressions of the characters and the show, and the other half showed an amazingly bad ass side where every thing is on such a high caliber of action. Playing thumb war could look epic in this light of animation. So now with the currently airing "Mob psycho" which is another piece by the manga author of one punch man, I'm pretty excited for it.

But besides this awesome style of art and animation, plus the wacky plot of the series, the characters for the show are amazing. Honestly, each of them are so different and stand out from one another when comparing. You've got cool hero's like Bang and Genos, then hilarious villains like the deep sea king. The character cast was really something else.

The last main note I'll mention us the audio. This anime has one of the catchiest, most inspiring, best sounding openings of all time. Honesty I could play it on repeat for days!

This anime was hyped so much for so long, and I completely understand why. If you're like me and are sceptical of mainstream series, I can verify, this anime is worth every minute you put into all twelve episodes. It really is a gem. The anime is defiantly worth your time, and if you've got cash to spare, the manga series is even better.

Favorite character:

Genos

Favorite part:

Favorite part:

***Average***

Plot: 90

Op: 97

Character's: 95

Art style: 93

Enjoyment: 88

One punch man average: 93 (A level anime)