Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete

***Anime information***

Seasons: 1

Episodes: 12

Episode length: 24:00

Genre: Drama, Romance, School, Sci-fi

Viewers rating: 7/10

Opening: Le jour

Ending: Ashita Mata Aeru yo ne

Plot: The astronomy club consists of Sou Akiyama, Kaori Sasaki, Airi Hasekura, Eitarou Osafune, and Nagisa Hanamiya. Though they say they spend their time studying the stars, certain members of the club have also been studying Sou.

This potential high school romance gets sidetracked as an increasingly bizarre series of events start happening in the soon-to-be-old school building. Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete finds the Astronomy Club of Uchihama Academy dealing with the appearances of ghosts, quelling civil unrest among different student clubs, coping with tragic accidents, and investigating an odd, relic-like cube. But perhaps the biggest task of all is unraveling the circumstances surrounding the sudden appearance of a transfer student named Yui.

***personal input***

Personal rating: 7/10

Opinion: Huh, a time travel romance anime? Sounds interesting, I wonder what could possibly come out of it? Well, I already know! So let's get right into that.

This show wasn't bad, not by any means. However, I had somewhat lower expectations from the start. In my own views, I was right to do so. This anime was good, but nothing compared to a lot of series. When talking about the story, I thought it was generally entertaining, but incredibly simple, and really generic. It was bland. One of the main characters dies in the show's beginning, after they meet a mysterious girl. Well it's revealed that her death caused the entire set of events. As the protagonist built the mysterious woman to prevent her death.

It was so predictable. I was calling shots as soon as episode two!

But, however predictable the may have been, it was mildly enjoyable. With the exceptions of a few things, the overall plot kept me drawn in till the end. I'm typically not one to really enjoy time travel and heavy science fiction anime. But this series did a pretty decent job, again, just a predicable story.

With the animation and art style, I had no complaints. The animation was crisp and allowed the episodes to flow smoothly. The art style was also pretty good. With the character designs looking as they did, I found that the style of art was good looking.

The music for the series was okay. Not one of it's strong points. The music sounded nice, in fact both intro and outtro sounded good. Plus this is one of the rare cases where I liked the ending more that the opening. However, the music is some that sticks with you. It left no real imprints on me, no real mark. The music was good, but was missing that driving force to leave its stamp.

Finally the characters. Honestly, all I need to say are two things. One: Kenny.
Two: "Jennifer, I wanna hold you tight!"

I absolutely loved the majority of characters for this series. They were funny at times, cute and romantic at others. However, I can say some of them are very generic molds that have commonly been used throughout anime. Our lead female is a great example of this. She was a pretty bland character. However, for the most part, excluding one or two, the characters were awesome, using so much of the given potential to make the show better than what it would have been.

Favorite character:

Hanamiya Nagisa

Hasekura Airi

***Average***

Plot: 80

Op: 80

Character's: 92

Art style: 90

Enjoyment: 86

Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete average: 86 (B level anime)