Magi: the adventures of Sinbad

***Anime information***

Seasons: 1

Episodes: 12

Episode length: 24:00

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Magic, Shounen

Viewers rating: 8/10

Opening: Spotlight

Ending: Polaris

Plot: The story of Sinbad's early life and when he captured several dungeons.

***personal input***

Personal rating: 6/10

Opinion: I wanted to start the Magi series so badly, for so long, and I'm so glad I did. While none of the anime of the series reached my top ten list, it's defiantly one of my favorite series of all time. Before I begin with my opinion, allow me to say this; this is the first anime of the Magi series. But it's actually the last of the series anime to air. Magi the labyrinth of magic is actually where the series began, then was followed up by the kingdom of magic. Originally there was a set of OVA's that later (after the airing of the kingdom of magic) became the prologue to the series, The adventures of Sinbad.

If you're wondering why I presented that irrelevant fact, well I'd like to save you all the trouble. See, once I finished all of the seasons, I naturally peeked to see if the confirmation of a sequel was confirmed. I saw that a new season had been confirmed to air in 2016. I was totally hyped until I learned it was the adventures of Sinbad, which I had already seen. So I just wanted to share that with you all. Now, moving onto the actual opinion...

The adventures of Sinbad was the first anime in the series I saw, so I stand out from people who viewed the other seasons before it. I will say that if I hadn't already been set on finishing the series, then the adventures of Sinbad would have been enough to convince me. The series was a blend of comedic values and elements, merged with pretty awesome action inside this incredible fantasy world. Immediately within the first two episode I knew that I was in love with the background of the series. That beings called Magi had formed "Dungeons" all across the world, and that anyone who cleared them would be granted magic and great power.

That story idea was grand, in my opinion. So, more specifically we focus on the hero Sinbad as he seems to have a gift. Once I viewed the other seasons, I looked back and really liked how much depth we were allowed to see of Sinbad. We got basically all his beginnings in a single show and I loved that. It made it greater when he and other characters appeared in later seasons. All in all, the story was very well done for this prologue to the series. I admired how smoothly the comedy flowed into the show. Allowing for that two sided coin of a story. Allowing us to see the lighthearted side of the characters, yet at times seeing them at their serious.

So, while I didn't have hardly any issues with the show, when I did it was most defiantly with the music. It wasn't until the labyrinth of magic that the soundtracks actually got better. I may be a bit harsh when I say it, but; The adventures of Sinbad had utter shit for a soundtrack. Honestly, each time the opening and ending played I had to skip it. If I didn't my ears would have bled.

I'm not exaggerating when I say this anime had my least favorite and worst soundtrack out of every anime I've seen. But that's the only actually issue with the show, and it's very avoidable.

Moving on, next is visuals. The animation and artwork was pretty good. Although I'd expect nothing less from a 2016 anime. The colors that were used per character was so vibrant, the contrast was so great, it was like staring at a beautiful rainbow at times. However, since I know nothing about animation and visuals, I can't much more than; "It was good! It looked very nice!"

The last thing I'll cover is out lovely character cast. The main point I'd like to make is that the distinction of them all was so well done! Each charter being from their own cities at their own conners of the world, you could see the difference in them all clear as day. This made them stand out so much more and brought them all into certain lights that caused them to shine much brighter. Also, Sinbad...is so fucking powerful! Like Jesus Christ! Top ten most powerful characters of all time? He's defiantly on there! In all three anime, I don't think he was ever actually challenged, honestly I don't think he really ever had to seriously fight. The man captured six dungeons! He was so OP! However, as you all know, I do love me over powered characters.

The others in the show could hold their own, but the difference between him and everyone else was clear. Besides Sinbad, we have other lovable characters that joined the adventures. Going back to what I'd said earlier, it was so nice to have that heavy comedy with all the characters. I did like most characters in the anime, but at times they could be annoying, and I didn't gain a full liking for some until later seasons.

I'll stop here for now. But I'll pick up in my reviewing of the labyrinth of magic! If I had to lean one way, I'm throwing my entire body to the side of really liking the show. It was defiantly a great introduction to the series as a whole and you all should most defiantly give it a look. (The entire series is sitting on Netflix if you'd like to view it there)

Favorite character:

Sinbad

Favorite part:

***Average***

Plot: 82

Op: 69

Character's: 87

Art style: 88

Enjoyment: 90

Magi: the adventures of Sinbad average: 83 (C level anime)