Alternate Ending/Story Plot

**this chapter is to explain why, I broke Tori and Cole up and I didn't make them get back together until after the baby was born**

The original story plot for My Dad's Best Friend, was going to result in a much shorter book.

The ending has dramatically changed since the first ending I thought about doing, at the start of the book.

Though since discarding the original ending, I have brainstormed so many, I thought I would share them to see if you would have preferred that ending or you liked the one that I choose.

Storyline/Ending One

The original and first planned ending was that Jack would find out that Cole was the father, as soon as he found out Tori was pregnant, I wrote that chapter long before Tori even fell pregnant, but when it was time to write beyond Jack finding out, I couldn't think of of anything to write. There was still the issues of the Religion and her father didn't make the development yet, into being sympathetic and telling his side of the story as to why, he treated the family horribly sometimes.

So I scrapped that plan and decided to make Robert a recurring and important character. However his story with Tori wasn't originally going to be long.

Storyline/ Ending 2

In the second planned ending was that Tori was going to be forced to marry Robert when she was still pregnant. But talking about being forced into a teen marriage is one thing but actually doing it is another, and I didn't think it would sit well with anyone, however Tori wouldn't actually get to marry Robert.
Because as she waits in the back room of the church, in her wedding dress. She watches herself in the mirror close to crying because by this point, she hasn't grew to love Robert.
When Jack comes to get her to walk her down the aisle in her emotional state she blurts  everything out. Jack is beyond furious and betrayed but he makes her go through with the wedding anyway but as they walk to the aisle, he sees how heartbroken Tori is and how much Tori loves Cole and he stops walking. He finally changes and becomes sympathetic and tells her to go to Cole.

Storyline/Ending 3

The exact same as the storyline as above however, Jack didn't stop the wedding and Tori actually married Robert. She was only around three months pregnant, so Robert and her didn't get to know each other beforehand, resulting in Tori resenting both her father, Robert and the marriage.
The book would have been very depressing because Tori wouldnt have ran off with Cole until the last month of her pregnancy so there would have been 4-5 months of writing about how depressed she was and how she hated her life and wanted to be with Cole and I didn't want that. I wanted Tori to be that kind-hearted, childlike innocence but be strong when needed, not a depressive shell of herself.

Storyline/Ending 4

The next ending was that Robert was going to die not Julian and then Cole and Tori would get back together and that didn't set well. Getting together over a death, isn't my ideal happy ending so I scraped that idea.