Chapter Twenty-Five

Antony dropped Emily back around seven thirty; he took her to the movies and out for dinner.

He walked her to the door but refuse to come in and refused to look at us, it was actually hilarious.

Whilst Cole puts Emily to bed, I tidy up the kitchen.

"I don't work tomorrow, so I might sleep in. Are you alright with Em?" Cole asks as he walks up behind.

"Yes, of course. You deserve a sleep in" I smile at him as I turn around.

Cole grins as he kisses my lips.

"Cole have you thought about the baby thing yet?" I ask when I pull back.

Cole frowns at me, "truthfully no. Like I said before Victoria I do not want anymore children but I would like one with you, maybe in the distant future, the very very distant future."

I push him away from me, "Cole that isn't fair! I'm only young, I deserve to conceive, carry and deliver my own children, you can't deprive me of that!" I say.

I really want to yell but I don't want to wake Emily.

"You have Emily isn't she enough?" He says back, struggling to keeps his voice down.

I'm taken back by this question and its extremely hard to answer.

"You know I love Emily but I want something that has my DNA, the is apart of me, something that is living prove of our love. Why are you so against it?" I say as my voice gets higher.

Cole clenches his jaw and looks away. There is a lot of pain in his eyes, "forget it." he mumbles as he walks out.

I watch him walk away and make no attempt to follow. Just before I was so angry if felt like I could push over a truck, but now seeing the pain in his eyes, kills me. He is hiding something and I'm determined to find out what.

Making sure Cole is asleep before I go to bed, I walk around the house for hours cleaning things that didn't actually have to be cleaned.

Finally I snuck upstairs and into Cole's room. On tippy toes I sneak over to the bed. Cole is curled up and sleeping peacefully.

I smile at him, he is so handsome with chocolate brown hair, wavy dark hair, naturally tanned skin and how even for a respected doctor he still has a little stumble that screams sex appeal.

When I look at him all I feel is love, I really am in love with him and if he doesn't want kids then I'm just going to have to deal with that.

I kiss his cheek and get into bed. As soon as I snuggle in, Cole wraps his arms around me and holds me close to him. Eventually I fall asleep feeling his heart beat against my back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Slowly I open my eyes and stretch. Cole nudges his chin into my cheek, making me giggle. Cole chuckles into my ear.

"Morning beautiful" Cole smiles.

"Morning" I smile. "What time is it?" I ask as I yarn.

"A little after seven am" he says as he snuggles into me deeper.

"I will wake Emily up at seven-thirty" I say.

"I'm sorry for raising my voice at you yesterday" Cole frowns.

"Its fine, you were voicing your opinion" I say.

"I do love you Victoria buts it just-" Cole is cut off by the bedroom door opening.

Emily walks in with a tear strained face, "I had a scary nightmare" she cries.

Cole and I pull away from each other, "come here baby girl" Cole says gently.