One hundred and four

*four months pregnant*

"We have a meeting today" mum frowns as she holds on to her cup of tea tightly.

"I feel like we haven't been to one in forever" I say watching the tea carefully incase she spills it.

"And thats a bad thing?" Robert laughs as he places his arm on the back of my chair.

"No its a good thing. I hate those monthly meetings but we haven't been to one in like two months...why?" I frown.

"The leaders haven't summoned anyone to a meeting not just us. I don't know why, ask your father when he comes home" mum says putting her tea down.

"They probably don't want to have to discus the pregancy. They already gave everyone a brief discription of why you're pregnant but people would ask questions. By leaving it for a few months, everyone lost their interest and less likely to ask questions" Robert suggests.

"I guess that makes sense" I say, "is Antony coming?" I add.

"No he refuses too. He is scared the leaders found out about him being gay" mum sighs.

"I doubt they will find out. The people that know definetly won't say anything" Robert says strongly, "has he and Julian made up yet?" he adds.

"No" mum and I both say.

"They are still together but they fight all the time. I love my boys but I'm sick of staying at Antony's house so they don't kill each other" mum frowns.

"I shouldn't have said anything to him" I whinge.

"Sweetie that was a fortnight ago. I think he is over that. Its just him and Julian are on the rocks. Its hopefully just a lovers fight" mum gently smiles as she takes my hand and gives it a squeeze.

"I hope so" I say.

The sound of the front door slamming makes us all jump in our seats. Dad walks into the living room and sits on his armchair.

"The meeting starts in an hour. You better get dressed Tori" dad says.

I look down and look at myself. I'm wearing purple short-shorts with a black sleeveless t-shirt.

"Yeah good point. I will be right back" I frown as I stand up and go upstairs.

I quickly dress in faded blue jeans and a sleeved plain red printed shirt and throw a white woollen jumper over the top.

Once I'm dressed I make my way back downstairs. Mum, dad and Robert are standing in the doorway.

"Ok let's go" dad says holding the front door open, "we are taking my car" he adds.

We all just nod as we follow him out. After getting into the car, dad starts the car and drives off.

Robert and mum have a conversation but dad and I stay quiet. I'm thinking about both my brother and the meeting.

I've only seen Antony once in two weeks and that was from a distance. Julian though we go out for lunch every second day with everyone.

Before to long dad pulls up in front of the church and we get out. I try not to drag my feet as we make our way inside.

Robert holds my hand comfortably. He looks over and smiles at me, "smile babe. Show off our baby girl."

He makes me smile and I stand up straighter. Bub gives me a tiny kick. Come on Tori flaunt your daughter and show everyone how proud you are of her, I encourage myself.

Mum and dad sit down near the front but before we can get there, people stop us.

"Wow Tori you're really pregnant" Jordan smiles. (officer Manson)

"And it suits you. You look gorgeous!" his little sister Maggie grins.

Maggie is a year younger than me but her parents are pretty chilled and letting her marry her boyfriend, though he is apart of the religion so that helps.

"Yeah I am" I laugh, "Thank you" I add.

"Where's Antony?" Jordan asks.

"He's sick" I lie.

"Hopefully I fall pregnant next year and our babies can be raised together like we were. But hopefully our bubs can see each other more. Our parents stopped hanging out as much" Maggie says.

"Yeah how awesome would it be if your kids are raised similar to how us and Antony were raised" Jordan grins.

"Yeah but we won't stop our kids seeing each other like our parents" I mumble.

I never understood why mum and dad stopped us from seeing the Manson's. I wouldnt call us four "besties" but we were close as toddlers. I've seen the photos. I wonder what changed.

Both give me a surprised look. Neither talk about their parent or question them.

Robert causally clears his throat, "we better sit."

They both nod as they walk away towards their parents. Robert gives me a look and then we walk over to my parents.

"I love you Tori but you have to be careful what you say. There is a time and place and this is a very very bad place to speak your mind" he frowns as he sits down.

"I know. I know" I sigh.

We quieten down at Leader Hamish walks to the front. I zone out when be starts talking. Its just usual updates. Someone died, another wedding, another birth. Blah blah blah.

I look up when I hear my name. Ah shit. What did he say!? Everyone is looking at me.

"The pregancy is going well and we are happy to announce we are having a girl" Robert smiles.

I just smile. Thank god he paid attention.

I'm surprised to see everyone smiling and Robert continues talking.

"We are unsure on a date for our wedding. It might be just after bub is born or a few months after but definetly within the year. We are just so honoured our amazing leaders asked us and trusted us with this task" Robert smiles.

Again everyone smiles. A few people clap and I use all my self will not to roll my eyes.

The meeting finishes after that and I'm out the door and in the car before anyone else.

I just want to go home. Thankfully the others don't take to long and we quickly drive home.

Vote ✔️👍

Comment 🔝📝

208K reads!!

Question
Kendall's gender reveal next chapter!
Is she having a girl or boy?