Chapter Seventy-One

*One month Pregnant*

"Why do they want a meeting with me Robert? Women are never allowed at meetings" I ask once I'm in his car.

"They want to discus why we had sex before marriage" Robert says as he starts driving.

"Because we are in love with each other and I walked in on you and you were naked then we did it" I say.

"At least you remember the story" Robert smiles as he lets go of the steering wheel and holds my hand.

"So what happened at the meeting" I ask.

"They said we are going to be branding on our lower back a week after bub is born. They are taking bub of us for a week during that time and aunty Mary is going to look after bub.

We have to get married once bub is six months and we are apart of a new experiment to see if people can work well with children and not be married. Though they strongly expressed thats bullshit and just an excuse" Robert says.

I just nod and say nothing as I turn my head towards the road. I don't like the idea of my child being taken away from me for a whole week.

Before I can question him anymore we unfortunately pull up in front of the church. My father's car is here.

"Try not to argue to much" Robert smirks at me.

I just give him a small smile then get out of the car. Robert follows and walks up to me.

He places his arm around my lower back and we walk into the building. Using his spare hand Robert opens the door and we enter.

We don't say anything as we walk through the theadral and into the back rooms of the church that I've never been in before.

When we enter the room around twenty men including my father looks up at us at the sound of the door opening.

I fight the urge to duck my head and cower. Instead I square my shoulders, stand up straighter and hold my head up high.

This is my child and they will not tell me what to do with it. I will fight! Tooth and fucking nail. This child is mine and I will protect him or her from suffering my fate.

"Robert, Victoria sit down" Leader Dale says pointing towards the empty chairs next to my father, directly across from the twenty Leaders.

Robert nods his head and we walk over. I notice my father has cowered his head and avoiding looking in the right corner.

Unable to help myself I look to see what he is afraid off. I nearly fall over my feet when I see its my grandfather.

This isn't good! Oh god why didn't Robert warn me?? I look next to my grandfather and notice the other man next to him is an elder like him. I'm screw. Why are there Elders here????

I sneak a look at Robert. He seems completely unaware. Unlike father and I who are having mental meltdowns.

I sit down next to father and Robert sits down next to me. No one speaks for a few minutes until Leader Dale clears his throat.