Episode 35

-Karin-

"Himenei," Neji called out to her as she rocketed into the air by a tree branch.

"That's getting so old," she said angrily as she sliced through the thick branch, landing onto the ground.

"We thought you were done for...just for a second," I smiled to her as she landed next to me.

"I'm not gonna fall for that crap anymore," she said as blades of chakra surrounded her hands.

The tree grabbed a nearby shinobi, and begin to drain the life from them.

"Oh my gosh! Don't let the tree branches grab you anymore Himenei," Rin said as she froze a branch in it's place.

"I will protect you two, since you don't have any specific ways to destroy the tree," captain Natsu said to Kenji and I.

"Oh I can keep them away," Kenji said as a puff of smoke arose from his hand.

He swung a large sword into the incoming branch, slicing straight through it.

"I see...you're already prepared," captain Natsu smiled at Kenji.

I sighed as I reached into my tool pouch, pulling out my two red hand blades from when I fought against the Furenjin clan.

"I'm still in this too, just saying," I said as I took off towards the tree.

"Karin!"

---

-Himenei-

"Karin," Yuko shouted.

"The only way we can really prevent all of this is by destroying the tree entirely!"

"She's right! All of you, attack the tree with all your force! Be careful not get grabbed by it though," Lord third said as he summoned a large staff of some kind.

"Any of you are injured may heal in Katsuyu's body," Lady Tsunade said as she and Sakura summoned a larger slug than usual.

The slug began to liquefy and spread across the ground.

"That's disgusting," I shuddered as Neji and continued attacking the branches.

"You've seen worse," Neji said as he covered my flank.

"True...these branches seem like they never end! We should try and aim for the source," I said as I took off towards the tree.

"These branches...they look like the same one that stabbed through lady Hinata," Neji said lowly as heollowed me.

"Neji..."

I know he still felt the pain from Lady Hinata's death.

The entire Hyuga clan did.

I couldn't change the situation even if I wanted to, so I decided to remain quiet as we continued to attack the branches.

"I need a Yamanaka clan member to come here at once," Lord first said as his clones remained active around the place.

"I'm here," Ino said nervously as she landed next to him.

Their voices were drowned out by the sounds of other shinobi being absorbed by the tree.

As we fought, we all began to see Naruto's inner most feelings.

All of his thoughts became our thoughts as we battled the tree.

"Incredible...the fact that someone could feel so strongly for am entire village without the influential character of a Hokage," captain Natsu gasped.

"It doesn't surprise me one bit...Naruto has always had that trait about himself," Neji said sternly.