Episode 9

-Himenei-

I made my towards the Tenten replica as Rin began weaving signs rapidly.

"Ice Style: Crystal Tsunami jutsu!"

"Chakra Blades!"

I deflected the incoming ninja tools from the Tenten clone, slashing at her body.

I leapt into the air, avoiding the wave of life that nearly killed me.

"Hey! I'm on your team," I hissed at Rin.

"I don't do teams," she replied snugly as she flipped her hair.

"Ugh! Whatever!"

I parried the incoming blade, throwing it towards Tenten.

"Feel free to join," I smiled to her.

She looked a bit shocked by my words, but quickly rejoined.

She dashed past Rin, who was running towards the Tenten clone as well.

"Dashing Double Palm!"

I struck the duplicate, sending it flying.

Tenten twirled around, violently slashing away at the clone.

Ice began to cover the floor, and a mist filled the air again.

"Ice Style: Infinite Binding Chamber!"

Sharp spears of ice began to stab through the Tenten clone, rendering it completely motionless.

"That ought to do the trick," Rin smiled as she cleared up the icy environment.

"Now...I just need to go back to the seal..."

"Why did you run all the way out here again anyway," I asked Tenten.

"Well...the fight kinda got out of control and-"

"No, you ran back over here, because you were afraid you would lose to yourself," Rin interrupted.

Tenten began to speak, but I stopped her.

"Don't dignify her smart mouth with a reply...just go take the seal down, and I'll meet you at the main seal," I said.

"Alright..."

"I guess I could join you," Rin sighed.

"No thanks."

"W-what?"

"I don't want to continue hanging around anyone who's as arrogant and as stuck up as you," I seethed.

"Excuse me? I am not stuck up!"

"Yes...you are, and I don't have time to argue with you about it. Goodbye."

Without another word, I took off into the air, heading back to Sakura and the others.

----

-Yuko-

"Leaf Hurricane!"

Lee swept his feet under his clone, sending him into the air with the other.

I blocked the incoming blade, pushing against my clone.

"This is the second time I've had to engage in combat with my replica...and it's growing on me, I'll admit it," I smirked.

"Perhaps this isn't as good of a training session as I thought...Yuko!"

I dodged the incoming blade from my clone, leaping onto her neck.

I swung myself around her, building up momentum.