Episode 2

-Karin-

I sighed as we walked up to the Hokage's mansion.

"This as far as I go...you aren't permitted to enter at this point," the Anbu said to Kenji as he stood in front of him.

"Well I guess I'll wait here..."

"No! Kenji, let's go," I snapped as I shoved the Anbu out of Kenji's way.

"I don't think Lady Tsunade will li-"

"I don't think it's any of your business to know what Lady Tsunade will like," I spat.

The Anbu remained silent as he disappeared into thin air.

"Karin...thanks...I think," Kenji smiled to me.

"Whatever...he had no right to tell you where you could go and couldn't go," I shrugged as we walked into the mansion.

"How's it going Karin?"

"Now's not the time Ebisu," I seethed.

He stepped back from Himenei and I, as Kenji followed closely behind.

Himenei seemed as if she were on a mission alone, the way she was walking.

She cleared a large space in between each step.

The Hokage's doors were wide open as we made our way into the room.

"Himenei..."

"Lady Tsunade. You requested our presence," Himenei said sternly.

"Right. There is a village nearby that is currently being attacked by bandit shinobi."

"Are they from Konoha," I asked.

"Amegakure."

"So you want me to heal the wounded? What will change? They simply will suffer even more hardship," Himenei said.

"You're a medical nin. Your duty is to ensure that no more innocent lives are taken."

"Lady Tsunade...I'm a medical nin, but I'm a Kunoichi of the hidden leaf as well! I will not just stand by and allow those people to continued getting tortured by bandits! I am beyond capable of healing the villagers as well as I am capable enough to remove the bandits from their village."

"With the assistance of Karin Akashi," I smirked.

"Don't forget me too," Kenji smiled as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"So you two will head to this village now, and handle the situation," Lady Tsunade said as she stamped a scroll, handing it to Himenei.

"Right, let's go you two," Himenei said as she raced out of the room.

----

"What was that all about," I asked Himenei as we dashed through the trees.

"She doesn't trust me."

"Why wouldn't Lady Tsunade trust you? You're her second best student," Kenji said, shocked.

"That's just it...she's her student, and she doesn't want you trying to master anything that she hasn't taught you," I said as I glanced over at Himenei, who was focused on the trees ahead of us.

"That's precisely the point. I have full intentions of furthering my medical techniques beyond what she's taught me. She knows this, and feels as if I would give her knowledge and wisdom on to those who aren't capable," Himenei growled.

It was weird seeing her so darkly oriented.

"What exactly have you not learned," I asked.

"A plethora of things Karin..."