Episode 31

-Himenei-

It's been about a week and a half since we made it back to the leaf.

I had continued my training with Neji, Yuko had started working in a nursery with Lady Hinata.

Karin went off somewhere with Kenji and Kagura.

Normally this would be a problem, but we've all decided to hold off on missions for a while.

"Himenei!"

I turned to see Sakura and Ino running over to me.

"This is not something I'm used to seeing...you two are hanging out with each other," I smiled.

"Well...since we've both been learning medical ninjutsu from Lady Tsunade, we've learned to get along somewhat," Sakura sighed.

"That's good to hear...but what's the matter? You two seemed like you were in a rush a second ago," I said as I placed my feet into the water.

"Well we were trying to hurry and get to you from the Hokage's mansion...because Lady Tsunade wants to have a chat with you," Ino said.

"Me? What could she want to talk about with me for?!"

"I don't know, but you better get there soon. Lady Tsunade doesn't really like to be kept waiting," Sakura said.

"Alright...I'll sew you two later then," I said as I raced off towards the Mansion.

As I flew through the village streets, I noticed that Akamaru was sitting alone.

I skidded to a stop, walking over to him.

"Akamaru...what's the matter boy? Where's Kiba?"

He whimpered as he scooted closer to my leg.

I picked him up, embracing him in my arms.

"I have to go see Lady Tsunade...but after that we can look for Kiba together if you want," I smiled.

He barked lightly, assumably agreeing.

I continued my walk to the mansion, wondering hat exactly could've happened to Kiba.

These two are usually joined at the hip, so what was different today?

----

"What's your business here," Ebisu asked as I took a step towards the doors of the mansion.

"Ebisu...I'm here to see Lady Tsunade," I said.

"For what?"

"Does it really concern you?"

He fumbled back at my shift in character.

"I-it does actually!"

"If it did concern you, then you would know what this about already. Figuring since I don't know what this about myself, it wasn't any of your business," I sighed as I walked past him.

"She's certainly starting to change," he mumbled to Hayate.

"It's definitely a change for the better," Hayate chuckled.

As I made my way upstairs, I noticed Miss Shizune was standing outside of the door pacing.

"Miss Shizune! Where is Lady Tsunade?"

"Himenei! Hurry and go see her! She's been waiting for you a tad bit too long," she said as she shoved me into the room.

"L-Lady Tsunade?"

She was hunched over on her desk, giving off an awful vibe.

"Just a moment..."

She relaxed a bit, lifting her head to look at me.