Episode 22

-Yuko-

"Think about his offer," Kankuro said as he entered the Kazekage's mansion.

"Kankuro?! You must be completely delusional if you think I am simply going to stand here and let this happen," I fumed.

"I don't mean to upset you...it was just an offer," Gaara said as he folded his hands on top of his desk.

"I refuse! I have feelings for Kankuro...yet...wait one moment. You wanted to break up with me because of this?! You were planning this the entire time," I shrieked.

My voice began to crack because I was so angry.

"Yuko...calm down! This is a really big offer that anyone else would love to take."

"I AM NOT EVERYONE ELSE DAMMIT!"

They stared at me, baffled by my outburst.

It was a long silence before Gaara spoke again.

"Look...I'll give you time to think about it. Just go home and cool off," he said softly.

"I intend on doing such, excuse me," I said as I walked past Kankuro.

"Wait," he said as he reached for my hand.

Before he could make contact, there was a strong repelling force that erupted.

We both yelped in surprise as we were rocketed into opposite sides of the room.

"Damn," Kankuro hissed as he prayed himself from the wall.

I was still baffled by the fact that our souls rejected one another.

"I don't...I don't understand...how could our souls reject one another when we were so perfect before," I thought aloud.

"Let's get you both to the hospital," Gaara said as he placed a hand on our shoulders.

There was a surge of purple electricity, before I dropped to my knees.

Gaara was clutching his chest tightly as well, assuming he felt the same sensations as I.

"Y-Yuko..."

"Be quiet," I snapped at him.

"What is going on in here," Lady Chiyo's brother whose name I still don't know asked as he entered the room.

"I-I don't know," Kankuro stammered.

I tried to speak, but the electrical currents were preventing me from doing such.

"Hmmm...get me a bucket of water," he said to Kankuro.

Kankuro complied, running out of the room in an instant.

"This probably will come to a surprise to you...but you two are in pretty deep," the old man chuckled.

----

-Himenei-

"Ninja Art: Poison Fog jutsu!"

Kagura sensei blew a large amount of poisonous gas into the air.

"Vapor Style: Heavy Mist jutsu!'

Captain Natsu blew a thick mist into the area, making it hard to see.

"Byakugan!"

I located the young woman, snagging her hand in an instant.

I dragged her out of the wired battle field.

"Run to the leaf! We'll handle them," I ordered.

"Thank you!"

I raced back towards the fight, where Kagura sensei and captain Natsu were beginning to struggle.