Episode 15

"All of this fighting we've been doing is giving me a thirst," Yuko sighed as she took a a sip of water from the river.

"Why are you drinking from there," I gasped.

"Because...I'm thirsty," she said in between gulps.

"Yuko! We have water packed," Karin exclaimed.

"Then why did you let me drink river water," Yuko cried to me.

"I didn't! You invited yourself to it," I said unenthusiastically.

"You three get over here," Kagura called to us.

We all raced back to the camp fire, sitting on the side across Kagura.

"I know I shouldn't have waited so many days to do this, but I wanna get to know you three a bit better," Kagura smiled as she undid her ponytail.

Her hair shined in silky brown threads against the golden flame.

She resembled something of a divine nature.

"Well really, you're a few weeks late...but if you insist," Yuko smiled.

"I know...I know, just let your hair down! Live a little you girls," she said as she flipped her loose hair around.

"Right...I don't see why not," Karin smiled as she undid her pigtails.

Her hair fell to her shoulders, shimmering in the light of the flame.

"I don't understand why we have to untie our hair," I smiled nervously.

"Oh, just do it! You always untie your hair before bed anyway," Karin nagged.

"You and Neji have that in common," Yuko smiled.

I couldn't help but smile at the thought of my older brother.

I know we haven't been connected for long, but he's had such a great impact on me...it makes me happy to know that he thinks of me as his own blood, regardless of the other half that wasn't included.

"There you go...be spontaneous," Karin cheered as I undid my ponytails.

"This isn't spontaneous in the slightest...but it does bring happy memories into my mind when my hair is let loose," I smiled lightly.

"Okay don't be extra about it, just untie your tangled ponytails and shut up," Karin rushed.

"You're just mad because you're a bald little girl," I hissed as I stuck my tongue at her.

"Will you two just shut up for once?! All of that bickering just shows how terrible of a team you are...I'm fully capable of defending myself, I don't need you three...you all are supposed to work together to help one another get stronger," Kagura huffed.

"The very sad, and unfortunate truth," Yuko sighed.

"What's that supposed to mean," Karin asked.

"Don't take this the wrong way Karin...but you're annoying. You have extremely wild instincts and I don't know what makes you feel so compelled to bug Himenei but it literally brings out the worst in her," Yuko said softly.

"So you're saying I'm the reason we have terrible teamwork," Karin gasped.

"Yes," Kagura said.

"No," Yuko and I said in unison.

"Then what exactly is being said," Karin asked, clearly shocked by this awkward intervention.

"We're just saying that you should try to tame your habits of being so aggressive towards Himenei," Yuko said.