Episode 1

The girl in the picture is Himenei.

Pronunciation: (He-men-A)

----

"Himenei," my mother called out to me as I played with my dog.

"Yes," I said lowly as I entered the back of my home.

"I need you to do me a favor...take these to the Furenjin clan headmistress," she said as she handed me two golden bells with white lace around them.

"What are these, mother?"

"I haven't the slightest idea...your father asked me to send you with those..."

"Is he here?"

"No, he left a little while ago...now run along. Dinner should be ready by the time you get back."

I smiled lightly as I walked past her, heading to the front of the small dojo.

My father was a teacher, and I had no ability to fight at all.

When he tried to teach me, he said my technique was too smooth.

I had no edge to my attacks.

"Where are you going," my older brother asked as he dropped down from the beams above.

"To deliver these to the headmistress of the Furenjin clan," I said as I regained my balance from stumbling back.

"What are those even for," he asked as he swiped them from my hand.

"Hey! Give them back," I said as I leapt for the bells.

"You're gonna have to do better than that, baby sister."

As I jumped up for the bells, he leapt up into the beamers again.

"That's not fair! You know I can't do that," I pouted.

"Who's fault is that? Not mine," he laughed.

"Mom," I shouted.

A frying pan flew through the air, abruptly smacking Okami down from the beams.

"Quit messing with your sister," she snapped.

"Alright, here...ouch," he pouted as he handed me the bells.

"Thank you," I smiled sweetly before leaving.

"Don't you think I should go with her? What if a rogue comes after her," i heard my brother whisper.

"She'll be fine...I'm certain that there aren't any rogues around since the rumor of a legendary Sannin being in the village," my mother sighed.

A legendary Sannin?

As in one of the three way deadlock members!

I couldn't believe what I had heard.

I ran as fast as I could through the hidden rain, finding the entrance to the forest.

----

I was pretty amazed by the things I saw in the forest.

I've been through the forest before, but I was with my father and didn't have time to just acknowledge the beauty around.

I heard a sudden sound in the trees ahead of me, bringing my attention back to the path ahead.

"Who's there," I called out.

There was no response.

I continued walking, keeping my attention on the footsteps that followed me.

I was halfway through the forest, when I saw a blur of purple run by me.