Episode 20

-Himenei-

"So Himenei...why were you so worried about me," Kenji asked as we walked along the forest floor.

"I have yet to answer this question...so ask again and I'll leave a hand print on the other side of your face."

"If you have feelings for me, it's fine...I feel the same about you," he winked.

I shivered hard at his words.

I don't think Kenji gets the fact that he's a friend to me, nothing more.

"So what exactly are we supposed to do when we get to the Furenjin temple," Karin asked Kagura.

"Try and reason with the headmaster to keep Yuko alive..."

"It's inevitable," Yuko mumbled.

"Quiet you! I'll do something to prevent your death," I smiled.

"There's always a specific option..."

"Kenji...I will break you in two," Kagura snapped.

"Too soon, I got it..."

"There's more of them," Karin said sharply.

"More what?"

"More spheres," Kenji said.

"Well let's destroy them," I suggested.

"They aren't after us...they seem to be, regrouping."

I noticed that all of the spheres did seem to be in a hurry to get to somewhere.

"How much closer to the temple," I asked Yuko.

"You should know...you've been there," she smiled.

"That was the temple? It looked like a regular home to me," I said plainly.

"That was a genjutsu," Kenji interrupted.

"How would you know?!"

"I do my research too ya know? The Furenjin clan has a special genjutsu that they use to his the actual physical outlook of their temple when they have guests. Specifically so that no previous guest can come snoop around," he explained.

I looked at Kenji smugly, earning a blush from him.

"He is correct...in order to release the genjutsu, you need a Furenjin clan member," Yuko said softly.

I nodded in understanding, silencing myself for the remainder of the walk.

----

"The Hidden Rain isn't too far ahead," I said to everyone as we dashed through the trees.

"So where did you find that thing that was sealed inside of Kenji...and does the one inside me look like that," Karin asked Kagura.

"Those are the beasts of natural ninjutsu...they appear every two decades...so generally when they appear it's a big deal."

"Are they all dangerous," Yuko asked.

"None of them are dangerous, unless you encounter them...in most cases they appear for a few hours before vanishing," she shrugged.

"So this natura ninjutsu...what is that," I interrupted.

"Natural ninjutsu is the ability you gain from those beasts...they don't use chakra...they use the energy around them to create their jutsu. Which is why Karin can use so many jutsu in one battle..."

"That's also why we're so excessively powerful when we use them," Kenji said as he flexed his arms.

"Karin is...not so much for you," I teased.