Episode 30

-Karin-

"I'm actually starting to get tired of fighting," Kenji sighed as he grabbed at the sword Yuko's mom was using.

"Tell me about it...I love fighting! Yet here I am...all fight out."

"That's a shame...I was starting to have fun," Yuko's mother sighed as she dashed towards me.

I ducked, dodging her sword.

As I came up with an uppercut, she blocked it with her sword.

Kenji came flying into her hip with his foot.

"This is getting to be slightly annoying," Yuko's mom said.

"You should just give up then...it doesn't make any since to fight a losing battle," I snarled.

"This isn't really a losing battle for me," she smirked as she pulled out a second sword.

"Where exactly...was she keeping that," Kenji huffed.

"I don't know...but I know after this fight, I'm going on a vacation."

"You're a little young for vacationing," she said as she threw a sword at me.

I side stepped the blade, running towards her.

"Fire Style: Dragon Talon jutsu!"

Flames covered my fists as I assaulted her continuously.

"Kenji! Anytime you feel like stepping into the fight," I snapped.

"Oh, right! Running Style: Lighting Beast jutsu!"

He joined in on my attack, trying to hit Yuko's mom.

She defended from all of our attacks with her swords, making it a useless attempt.

"That's not working for you...try something else," she bellowed as she swatted us back with the blades.

"She's right...ya know," Kenji said.

"What happened to you after your last fight?! You're nothing like the wild Kenji in the past..."

"Everyone has their limits Karin...I just don't have it in me to jeep acting so out of character," he defended.

"Whatever...I suppose that means that you're breaking your promise then," I scoffed.

He looked at me with a confused grin.

"What are you staring at," I snapped as I grabbed Yuko's mom by her wrist, throwing her off of me.

"We made a promise? How exactly did this promise come into play," he smirked.

"Kenji! Quit being so immature," I snapped as I threw a sword at him.

"I just wanna know what promise I made to you," he laughed as he grabbed the sword, swinging it at Yuko's mom.

-Flashback-

"Kenji...how long did it take you to master your beast's abilities," I asked as I helped him move a bunch of books into a cart.

"Uh...about two or three weeks...but I trained vigorously without stopping. Kagura was there to help too, of course."

"So if I train like that then I should be able to-"

"No!"

I flinched at his sudden angry outburst.

"Kenji..."

"Karin...you are way too young to try and do something like that! That's not healthy, and I won't allow you to put your life on the line like that," he said sternly.