Mentor and Student (Leonardo)

Start from the beginning

"I'd say I might be interested. . . if you told me why you want to train."

Leaning into his palm, you speak softly.

"You're not gonna be my protector all the time Leo.  It may be useful some day to fight back and come out unharmed.  Please."

Leo agreed that you learning self defense would come in handy someday, and he hoped that it wouldn't be any time soon, but you were right.  Maybe it was a good idea for you to know some basic self defense moves.

You were his first student.

Cracking a smile, Leo gave you back the sword you were previously using moments ago.

"Alright.  We can start now." he says as he walks past you and to the middle of the dojo.  You watch as he gains his stance and readies himself.

"You're gonna. . . fight me now?" you say, your voice cracking a bit.  You figured some tutorials or basic maneuvers, but no.  Leo was getting you right into it.

"You wanna learn how to fight don't you? Well, you've gotta be in a fight first."

Suddenly a wave of regret came over you, sweat beginning to form on your forehead.  You had figured some tutorials, him showing how to take your stance and following certain movements, but no he was putting you right in the middle of battle.  And he sounded if he wasn't going to be easy on you.  You swallowed the lump in your throat and mimicked Leo's stance.

"Ready?" he says coolly.

"No, not really."

It didn't matter; it was lightning fast of how quick Leo was, he was inches from your face and you barely had any time to react.  Your quickly lifted the katana high above your head and managed to block off Leo's blade, the metal scraped across each other and stung your ears.  His eyes were so focused on you that it actually frightened you a bit.  You pushed off his blade with a might of strength and straddled backwards so that he didn't have a chance to strike you; but it seemed that your effort didn't work at all.  Leo was beside you again in no time and his hand reached for your wrist.

Effortlessly Leo twisted your arm so that you dropped the blade or else your arm would have snapped in two.  Your face twisted in pain and you kneeled over, about to beg Leo to stop.  But he did it on his own and took this as a chance to get you close to him. 

With his hand still holding your wrist, he twirled you back around and pulled you close to his chest.  You softly bumped into him and met his graceful stare.

"You really need some practice.  You'd be dead by now if you were up against a Foot member."

"No kidding." you huff.  "You know, I was expecting some basic moves.  Keep your arms tucked, knees bent, don't do this, do it like that.  But no, you just did this for fun."

Leo snickered, that smile of his making his way to his lips.  If it wasn't him and was someone else, you would have been kicking them in the shins for the way they twisted your arm like that; it hurt!  But your boyfriend was just making a point.  This was going to take time and dedication, weeks or maybe even months before you know any kind of move.  Meditation, reading, practice, this was all going to take out time for anything else that you wanted to do; if you wanted this you had to commit.

"Baby, I'm just telling you this isn't going to be easy.  Even if it is just little stuff.  It takes time."  Leo says as he inches closer to you.

Letting out a low breath, you nod your head slowly and look up at him.  He was so close to you. . .

"I know, but. . ."

You sigh.  "You're not always going to be there to protect me Leo.  If something ever does happen to me, I want to come out of it alive so I can see you."

Smiling, Leo gently kisses your forehead and wrapped his free arm around your waist.

"You're right, that would be nice." Leo says as he chuckles before planting another kiss on your cheek.  He takes in the smell of your hair and lingers there for a moment to soak in your scent and rests his hand on your back. 

You felt Leo rest his head on your shoulder.

"I'll train you (y/n)." he said, picking up his head.  "Only if you kiss me."

Smiling and chuckling softly, you nod your head and bring his face slowly closer to yours.  His lips gently and sweetly meet yours.

Your training had just begun with a kiss.