Chapter Twenty-eight

Start from the beginning

His lips pecked mine once more before he left me be and went back to the bedroom. I wonder how someone who can be so affectionate has the ability to beat someone so savagely like he did to Jason. That day seems so long ago when in reality it has only been a month since the incident occurred.

I closed the bathroom door and turned the shower on, stripping from my clothes as I waited for the temperature to get warmer.

As I stepped into the shower, the warm water helped release the tension in my muscles. I didn’t want to take as long as I had the first time I took a shower here, so I hurried along with my washing, rinsing, and shaving.

I walked back into the bedroom with a towel wrapped securely around my body. After changing into some grey sweat pants and I tank top, I went back into the bathroom to dry my hair.

Once I finished brushing out my now dry hair, I put it up in a messy bun. It was the day after Christmas and we weren’t doing anything, so I didn’t feel the need to look my best and put on makeup.

It was strange how comfortable I was wearing sweats and a tank top around Harry. With most people, they never see me in anything like this. If I’m out in public or with a group of friends even, I always wear makeup and more appealing clothes. I guess it’s a good thing, though.

My comfortableness with him was astonishing. I’d still had second thoughts about my attire, but then I thought that I shouldn’t have to dress-up and put on makeup around him because he shouldn’t care.

We should just be ourselves with each other and that includes not always being so…invested in what we were wearing and what the other would think. It just shouldn’t matter if you ask me.

“How is it that you look incredibly hot in baggy sweat pants?” Harry asked when I got into the sitting room.

“I do?” I quizzed raising my brow curiously as I sat down next to him.

He tackled me down on the sofa so I was lying on my back under him.

“You do,” he said before pressing his lips against mine.

I wrapped my legs around his waist, pulling him closer as his tongue ventured through my mouth. He had my hands pinned behind my head as his lips moved down my neck.

A vibration from his jeans pocket halted his actions. He pulled the device out of his pocket and sighed.

“I have to take this,” he informed me.

I nodded and he stalked off to the bedroom, closing the door once he was inside. Great, secret phone calls again.