That One Song (Raphael)

True Love by P!nk because how could this song not fit with the relationship with Raphael? The lyrics are perfect! XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was beyond weird, maybe crazy.  This song's lyrics were ringing a bell in your head maybe too well about a certain turtle most precious to you.

At the same time I wanna hug you

I wanna wrap my hands around your neck

You're an asshole, but I love you

And you make me so mad I ask myself,

"Why am I still here?  Where could I go?"

You're the only love I've ever known!

But I hate you, I really hate you so much I think it must be True Love.

Every. . . word. . . FIT!  Every single line fir with the kind of relationship you had with Raphael, you had listened to this song millions of time before and had never noticed the similarities until now.  You just laid on your bed with your arms spread out, your stereo on and your eyes on the ceiling while your mind wandered.

But the sound of your window opening interrupted your daydreaming, and you quickly sat up to see Raphael climbing through it.  He stopped once he saw you looking strangely at him.  His eyes looked himself over, in case something was on him, which there wasn't.

"What?"  Raph said defensively.

"You."  You say as you go over to him.  He knew that tone too well.

". . .Wha'd I do?"

Grabbing his hand and pulling him the res of the way through the window, you started the song over again, pointing at the radio.

"Listen to this!"

And he did, and after the first chorus was done Raph had to agree; he was sometimes an asshole to you but you always forgave him in the end.  These lyrics spoke truth about your relationship with him, in the end it made him smile.

"Am I really that bad to you?"  Raph asked you, watching as a sly grin slowly crept it's way onto you face.  You then hooked onto his arm.

"You can be an asshole," you start, looking up at him, "but you're my asshole."

"Okay, that sounds vaguely dirty."

You snicker and playfully slap his arm, telling him to quit being an idiot.  You then lift yourself to give him a kiss before heading to the living room to watch whatever was on TV.

Sure the guy was an ass, but you couldn't help but love him when he was having an off day, even if his rotten attitude was pointed at you.  It was just that charm he had, one you couldn't resist.