The Kiss (Donatello)

Unedited

~~~~~~~~

"How many times are you gonna go through that book?"  You hear your uncle ask you as you feel him sit beside you.  You then looked up at Vern to see him sipping on a mug of coffee.

"Just going through old photos," you say, "It's been almost five years you know."

You had dug out an old scrapbook that had photos of you and your parents back when they could afford the old house you used to live in.  Due to health and money reasons, they left you with your uncle to go off on their own.  Between looking for money, a job and schooling you, they never had any time for you.  So they thought it best you stay with Vern and they would come back whenever.

It's been nearly five years.

You kept that book as a reminder. . . you were forgetting them.  You wanted to forget, but yet you couldn't, they were still your parents.  You dreaded the day when they came back for you.  They left you.

Sighing, you close the teal colored book and set it on the coffee table.  You then laid your head back on the sofa.

"You ok?"  You hear Vern ask you.  It took you a minute to speak as you looked up at the white ceiling, lost in thought.

"Do you ever think they'll come back?"

"It will be hard for me when they do."  He replied, making you pick your head up and look at him.

Vern smiled but then a frown came upon his face.  Besides April, you were the only company he ever really had.  You were like his daughter, not a niece.  He loved you, and dreaded they day that you had to leave.

"Look," he began, "I know you (y/n), when the day comes I know you'll make the right choice.  But for now,"

You watched as Vern reached into his back pocket and pulled out a folded white sheet of paper.

"I was told to give you this."

You take the paper and look it over for a moment before speaking.

"By who?" you ask.  Vern only grins.

"Pretty sure you know."

Before leaving, Vern gives you a quick kiss on your forehead before heading for the kitchen, leaving you cross legged on the white couch, the paper now unfolded in your hands.  It was Donnie's handwriting.  You then began to read his little letter.

~(Y/n), I had planned on how to ask you out for many hours, what to say to you.  We've been together for a while now and I still have a hard time breathing when you're around, and I mean that in a good way.  It's kind of hard to say these things when you're a mutant turtle, not being able to go above ground and speak with any people, so I'm just going to write it for you.~

By then a smile had formed on your face, and your heart began to flutter.

~Meet me in the alley tonight at seven, the one behind your apartment.  I have a surprise for you.  And once you've read this please go into your room and look on your dresser.  I left something for you.

Donnie~

It was sweet to get a note from him rather than a text message, it added to his cute charm.  You quickly went to your bedroom with the paper still in your hand, and once you were in there you made your way to the dresser, and just as the note said there on top of the wood was your favorite (color) hoodie with a pair of dark jeans.  Laying on top of them were a your favorite earrings and a heart shaped necklace, which Donnie must have given to you since you didn't own any necklaces like that.  And last were your favorite pair of boots next to the pile.