“Thanks,” I said sarcastically, “I’m going to bed now.”

“Phone, please.”

I rolled my eyes at him and took the phone out of the pocket in my jeans. Thank god for the other one I bought for myself. After handing the device over to my father, I scurried up the steps to my room.

Once in my bedroom, I closed the door and stripped from my outfit. I got into red, black, and green plaid pyjama pants and a white tank top. My hair was put into a pony tail before I turned off my bedroom light and went to my bed.

I got under the covers and laid comfortably on my left side. Taking my new phone out from underneath the pillows, I found Harry’s number and hit ‘call’. He told me to call him before I went to bed, why I don’t know, but I was doing it anyway.

“Hello beautiful,” he complimented as soon as he answered the call.

“Hi,” I replied, smiling to myself.

“About the chemistry project…”

“Harry! It’s past midnight and you want to talk about chemistry projects?”

“Well, I got this really good idea and I might forget if I don’t tell you now.”

“Okay, go on. But if I don’t respond, I fell asleep,” I joked.

Harry went on talking about his “brilliant” idea as I listened. It actually wasn’t a bad idea and it made perfect sense for what we were dealing with.

“So you do pay attention in class?” I said acting shocked.

“Ha-Ha. I didn’t plan on repeating my last year before Uni.”

“Well that’s good. Hey, can I ask you something?”

“Anything,” he replied and I could just see the smile on his face in my head.

“It’s kind of off topic, but I was wondering if maybe we could…um…go public with our relationship? You know, instead of sneaking around everyone.”

“As much as I would love to, I don’t know that it’s a good idea because your dad’s still pretty upset and if he found out from a teacher or something he’d be even more agitated. Besides, he already hates me.”

“He doesn’t hate you; he just very strongly dislikes you…”

“There’s not much of a difference, Gabby.”

“I know…I just want to be able to hold your hand in front of people. But you’re right, we should keep it on the DL until he calms down some more.”