Book 3-- Chapter 10 Bad Feelings

So I kind of realized I'm getting to the end WAY to quick I planned on having this book about 20 chapters... I'll keep writing and just hope it becomes that long! You know the drill :) Votes, comments, reviews all are very appreciated!

Jace’s POV

“Please David; I need to get her to trust me again. Just take him for a day. He’ll be good.” I begged.

“Fine,” David grumbled. Adam bounced beside. “Let’s go spoil you rotten,” David said, taking Adam’s hand. They left the house and I turned to the stairs. Izzy was upstairs mumbling about something in her sleep. She didn’t sound scared so I went into the kitchen to make her breakfast. Jack and Kendal had gone to Emma’s house for the day to help her husband build something.

I looked around the kitchen trying to decide what I could make her. She hated all breakfast food. She only eats it when she’s pregnant and that one time at Ocean City. Other than that, no breakfast food. Since I completely and utterly sucked at cooking I looked in the freezer for any microwave food I could find.

I heard footsteps on the stairs. “Izzy,” I called, digging for a package of Hot Pockets. She didn’t answer me. I closed the freezer door and went out into the living room. Izzy was standing at the foot of the stairs. She looked like she’d been crying.

“What’s wrong,” I asked. She sat down on the step and put her head in her knees. I sat beside her and pulled her close.

“It was horrible,” She mumbled.

“What was horrible?” I asked, stroking her back.

“I dreamed that you switched places with Kali. They let her go, but they killed you,” She whispered. She started to cry again.

I gently pulled her face up. “It’s alright, it was just a dream.” I said.

“Am I a horrible person?” She asked.

“No, why would you think that?” I asked.

“If Kali died, I could live. If you died—“ She choked and cried harder. Not exactly the way I wanted our make up day to go.

“You’re not a horrible person,” I whispered. An idea formed in my head. “Go make yourself something to eat, I have to get something.” I said.

“I’m not hungry,” She muttered.

“Bull shit you’re not hungry. You have to eat Iz; you’re going to waste away.” I ordered. She sighed and climbed up she went into the kitchen. The microwave roared to life. I climbed the stairs quickly and went into our bed room. I found my phone on the dresser and opened it. I scrolled through the contacts until I came across Martin. I knew saving Heidi/Grace’s number would come in handy. I clicked send and the phone began to ring.

“Hello Jace,” Grace purred.

“I have a proposition for you Grace,” I said.

“I’m listening,” She answered.

Izzy’s POV

Jace came back down the stairs and into the kitchen. I sat on the counter hungrily eating my Hot Pocket. I guess I was starving after all. Jace stood between my legs twirling a piece of my hair, major Déjà vu.

“Want some?” I asked, holding out the Hot Pocket.

“No, you eat.” He said. He looked hungry though. I took the other Hot Pocket out of the box and put it in the microwave. I looked back to him. He was smiling that crooked little grin, behind it he was inn a lot of pain. I blamed it on Kali being gone and set my forehead on his.