Ch. 11 Thursday

I woke up in Jace's arms. His chest rose and fell softly. I smiled. Then last night hit me like a freight train. I remembered everything. I furiously wiped tears from my eyes. I would not cry over him. Not today. I scanned my body, wearily. My upper arms had bruises on them. My legs had a few light bruises scattered around. The bite mark on my collarbone stung. Why had he bitten me? I better get a rabis shot. I laughed at my stupid joke. Jace woke up.

"What?" He asked. His eyes widened. I guess my face must not look to good.

"Nothing," I smiled. He sighed in relief. I guess he was happy I was done crying. He tried to sit up. I held him down. "No," I pouted.

"Why not?" He asked confused.

"If we're going to die tomorrow I want to spend my last day in your arms." I whispered. He raised an eyebrow. "Not that way, sicko!" I scolded. He rolled his eyes. I rolled over so our faces were inches apart.

"You know that necklace you gave me? The really expensive one? I lost it." I told him.

Jace looked confused. "What are you talking about?"

"Last month on our anniversary you gave me a necklace. I told you I didn't wear it all the time because I was afraid I would ruin it. I lied. I actually lost it." I repeated.

Jace started to laugh. "I told you it was expensive. I actually bought it for ten bucks at Ross's."

I joined in his laughter. "You know how I told you I was sick when we went to the movies and thats why I wouldn't kiss you? I lied. I was just scared to screw up." I said, blushing.

He started to laugh harder. "You were scared? I was scared to death that I would kiss you and you would leave!"

"You know how when we got in that fight I told you I made out with Trenton? I just said that to make you angry. That hicky was just a burn from my straightener." I blushed as he choked on his laughs.

"My car isn't mine." He told me.

"What?" I asked.

"It's my dad's. I don't have a car. He says I don't deserve one. The Corvette is his. I just told you that to impress you." Jace whispered.

I laughed and kissed his cheek. "Jace Dawson, you're so stupid. You don't need to impress me. I love you just like this."

Jace kissed me lightly on the lips. My body became ridgid and stiff. I forced myself to relax. I held his head to mine.

The door to the room opened. Mr. Newman entered the room. He tossed my phone between Jace and I.

"It's your father, Jace." He muttered. Jace picked up the phone.

"Dad," He whispered. His brow furrowed. I could hear Mr. Dawson talking quickly. I couldn't tell what he was saying. Jace looked quickly up to Mr. Newman. He took a deep breath and said two words that changed so much.

"Paint Factory," Mr. Newman had the phone in a second. he threw it against the wall smashing it. He kicked Jace and swore.

"Mark, Jake, pack it up! We're getting out of here! The boy told!" He shouted down the stairs. He threw one pissed off look at Jace and I and ran down the stairs.

"Are we taking them with us?" Mark asked. He sounded confused. Mr. Newman stopped. He turned and grinned at Mark.

"Brillant, Mark, you're brillant! Go get them and bring them down. They're coming with us!" He shouted. He ran outside of the factory. I heard the sound of a car. Mark and Jake came running up the stairs. They grabbed us and pulled us up. They shoved us quickly down the stairs. Outside Mr. Newman was waiting in his Mercades. That was inconspicious. Jake pushed Jace in the back seat. He hopped into the front seat. Mark sat in the back seat. He pulled me down onto his lap and shut the door.

This wasn't how it was supposed to go. They were supposed to leave and our parents and the police would come and save us and we would go back to our normal lives. But here we were, speeding down the road, leaving behind the factory.

"By the time they get to the factory and search it we'll be ten states away!" Mr. Newman laughed loudly.

"What are we going to do then Boss?" Jake asked.

"We're going to call their familes. Tell them to leave the money somewhere. We'll go get it. Kill those two and go live in some far of country where they'll never find us!" He shrieked like a mad man.

His plan wouldn't work. How did I know this? I knew this becuase of the twenty police cars behind us and the ten sitting in the road before us.

This was far from over.

****

Thanks for reading! Please comment/vote!!!!!