A Tough Choice (Part 2)

The four of us were still at the park and I could tell that the others were thinking about what to say next.
"Daniel, just follow what's in your heart. Do what you think is best. And whatever your choice is we'll respect it and support you all the way." Grayson stated.
"Thank you, Grayson." I said. "Well, shall we continue with our game?"
"Sure." Chandler exclaimed.
"Want to play with the rule eyes allowed open on the ground?" I questioned.
"Why not." Everyone agreed.
After three more rounds of grounders we decided to stop for now and headed home to have our lunch. For lunch we had tomato soup and some grilled cheese sandwiches. Once lunch was done and our stomachs were full we headed back to the park.
Once we got back to the park Kaden and Alice were there, along with Tracy. As soon as they saw me they ran up to me and hugged me. I just had to hug back.
"How are you doing kids?"
"We're good." Kaden and Alice replied, in unison.
"What about you?" Kaden wondered.
"I'm good." I responded. "Say kids, how would you feel if I came to live with you so you could see me everyday?"
"We'd love it!" Kaden and Alice said, in unison.
"Well, I don't want to disappoint you two but, I'm not to sure of what I want to do. I'd love to live with you two, but I would still like to live where I am now."
"Well, whatever you choose we won't mind. And if you do choose to stay at your friends, just promise us you'll come to visit us." Kaden voiced.
"Don't worry, I will. Especially on your birthday." I spoke. "Or maybe I won't have to. The choice I'm making is really tough. But I will call and tell you guys what my decision is, all right?"
"All right."
"Good. Now, let's go play some grounders!"
"You got it dad!"
"I'll race you. Five second head start for you two. Go!"
Kaden and Alice took off running as fast as they could.
"One...two...three...four.......five."
I then started running to the play structure. Surprisingly Kaden and Alice were already on the structure.
Damn they're fast. Especially when they're just seven.
Once again I was the first person to be it. It didn't last long. I was only it for five minutes and then it was Kaden's turn. Everyone agreed that Kaden could have a partner whenever he was it. He obviously chose his sister, Alice.
With her help he was only it for about ten minutes and together they tagged Grayson.
"Great teamwork Kaden and Alice. Tagging Grayson like that."
Kaden and Alice then started singing.
"Grayson's it, take a fit, now he has to babysit."
After six more hours of playing grounders we all headed back home. Before leaving I gave Kaden and Alice one last hug.
"I'll talk to you guys soon, ok?"
"Ok."
I patted both of them on the head and kissed them both on the forehead. As I departed I said, "I love you two."
"We love you too!" They replied.
I returned to my friends and together we walked back home. That is until Grayson spoke up.
"Last one home is a rotten egg!"
Grayson instantly took off after that, we all did.
It was a close race but I came in last. The only reason this happened is because Hana tripped and I stopped to help her up. Since I did everyone agreed to award me third place, along with Hana.
Once we were inside we were greeted back by Mrs. Riggs.
"Well, you guys look exhausted. Go freshen up. I'll start cooking dinner."
Everyone except me headed upstairs.
"Mom. Mind if I cook dinner tonight?" I asked.
"Uh, sure. Go right ahead. I look forward to it."
"Thanks."

30 minutes later...
I had just finished making supper, I decided to make a Spanish dish. I even had set the table. I fixed up everyone's plate and I then called out to everyone.
"Dinner's ready!"
Everyone came into the kitchen and took their seats. Before I took a bite out of supper, I let everyone else take their bites. Once everyone had swallowed they all gave me great feedback on how great it was.
"Thanks guys, and gals."

20 minutes later...
After we were all done supper and I cleaned the dishes I headed upstairs and took a shower. After my shower I put on my pyjamas and headed back downstairs.
Until midnight we watched some more "SUPERNATURAL." We were just a few episodes away from season four, but since everyone was tired we all turned in for the night. Everyone got up and headed to their rooms.
Once Grayson and I got in our room, he closed the door behind us, and then turned to me.
"Daniel, I know that this is your choice to make but, I think you should go and live with your children. Family always comes first. Just by what I saw today you need to go live with your children. You need them and they need you." Grayson exclaimed.
"Yeah, you're right Grayson. I'll make my decision tomorrow, all right?"
"All right."
Grayson and I climbed into bed and fell asleep.