Trouble (Grayson's POV)

A/N: This chapter is going to be about Grayson's day before he was rescued by Daniel, so I hope you enjoy and I hope all of you are also Enjoying "Happily Ever After" and hopefully none of you get confused with this chapter, now without further ado, here's the story.

Morning...
Grayson's POV
"Morning everyone, how are you all doing today?"
"Just fine, thanks for asking Grayson. How are you and how'd you sleep?"
"I'm doing good mom and I slept fine."
"Did you have any dreams last night bro?" Chandler asks.
"I did." I reply.
"What was your dream about?" Chandler questions.
"A moment from our childhood, before we moved here." I respond.
"That must've been nice." Hana announces.
"Yeah it was." I answer.
"Were we building a snowman in the dream?" Chandler queries.
"I take it you had the same dream that I did." I state.
"Yes I did. And if I remember correctly we had help from the kid next door." Chandler exclaims.
"I think so, and I think he even stopped building his snowman or snow fort to come help us." I imply.
"He did. But after our snowman was finished he went back to building his snow fort." Chandler assures.
"Makes you wonder if we'll ever see him again."
"It's possible."
"I hope we do, he's a good friend."
"I know he is. He used to come to visit almost every weekend. Plus the three of you have an unbreakable bond of friendship."
"What was his name again?" I ask.
"I forget as well Grayson, do you remember mom?" Chandler wonders.
"I'm sure it'll come to me, it has been over eight years since we've seen him."
"It's really been that long? It feels like just yesterday we were only two years old."
"Not really, but I know what you mean Grayson."
"It'd be nice to see our old friend again, that way we'll get to catchup, hangout, and whatever we used to do when we were two."
"That would be nice."
"Do you think they still have the same phone number? I know we don't. So if we changed our number they must've as well."
"I'm sure that it's only a matter of time before the two of you conveniently run into each other. Who knows it may even happen today."
"Maybe, but what are the odds of that happening Chandler?"
"Pretty high in my opinion."
"Well, let's see how the day plays out first, shall we?"
"Ok."

Afternoon...
"So, how're you feeling now Grayson?"
"I'm still feeling good, why do you ask Chan?"
"Well you did get a little emotional earlier, so I just wanted to check on you. You are my family after all and I do worry about you."
"I know. But I'm still feeling a little sad because..."
"We have no way of contacting our friend, right?"
"Yeah. Don't get me wrong I'm sure we'll run into one another someday, but for all I know that won't happen until we're thirty. Unless you know something that I don't."
"Like what?"
"A way to contact him, where he lives, maybe the fact that he could be coming over for a secret visit that you arranged without my knowledge to surprise me."
"If I knew how to contact him, or where he lived I would share that information with you, I wouldn't conceal it from you. I'm not a jerk."
"I know."
"You know I love you."
"Obviously, you are my brother after all."
"Do you have any pictures of you and our friend?"
"I might have a few in my room, why?"
"Maybe if you ever run into him, you could surprise him with those pictures and he'll be like, "you kept these all these years? I thought I'd never see these pictures ever again. You're one true friend Grayson and I love you like a brother."
"You really think he'd say that?"
"Well maybe not exactly what I said, but it's close enough."
"Yeah, I think I'm going to get some fresh air to clear my mind."
"Ok."
I made my way to the front door and before I put my shoes on I informed my parents that I was just going to get some fresh air and maybe for a walk around the block.
"Ok, be back by dinner."
"I will. And don't worry I'll stay safe."
"Good."

Outside...
Ahh, that wind feels really refreshing on my face and I might just go for that walk right now instead of sitting on the steps for a few minutes like I was planning on doing.
I walked down the steps and began my walk, but right before I reached the end of the block I was knocked down to the ground and soon I was getting beat on, so I cried out for help, hoping that someone would hear me and come to my rescue, but first I tried to help myself, except that didn't work and only made my bullies assault me harder. That's when I cried out for help.
"Somebody, anybody, HELP!" I cry out, before I got punched again.
Luckily someone was just around the corner. He quickly rushed to my aid, and when the other boys saw him they immediately took off. My rescuer approached me and offered me his hand.
"Please don't hurt me."
"I'm not going to hurt you. I'm here to help you. Now please take my hand."
He seems to be trustworthy, he isn't trying to hurt me in anyway, and he is smiling.
I slowly took his hand into mine and he immediately pulled me up.
"Are you all right?"
"Yeah. Thanks to you." I reply.
"Mind if I walk you home?. You can never be to sure. They may come back."
Yeah, that would be nice. Thank you." I exclaim.
"You're welcome."
We started walking and started to chat, all the way to his house. Once we arrived, my rescuer turned to me and told me that he had best be on his way.
"You sure? Don't you want to come in?" I query.
"Why not? Who knows it could be fun. I just hope that your parents won't mind."
"They won't. And thanks again for coming to my rescue."
"Don't mention it."
My rescuer and I entered the house and we were immediately greeted by my mom, Mrs. Riggs. As soon as she saw Grayson's face all bruised and bloody she instantly asked him what had happened.
"I'm not sure what happened exactly, but when I arrived at the scene, I saw some boys beating him up, but I scared them off. I just wish I could tell you why."
"Hey bud, why don't you go see what my brother is up to while I get cleaned up." I state.
"All right. Where's his bedroom?"
"Upstairs second door on the right." Grayson implies. "So when you get to the top of the stairs go right. If you head straight you'd be walking towards my room, my parents bedroom, and the washroom.
"Thanks."
"You're welcome."