Recieving some shocking news

"So doc what's the news?"
"Well, I've got good news and bad news."
"What's the bad news? Is Daniel going to die?"Grayson wonders.
"The bad news is, Daniel is going to have to undergo surgery again, but there's a possibility that he's either going to die or going to go into a coma, and if he does he won't wake up for a few years."
"Don't lie to us, tell us the truth!" Grayson demands.
"That is the truth."
"So what's the good news?" Grayson asks.
"The good news is that if it wasn't for whoever applied that homemade bandage, Daniel would've been dead by now."
"Only three stitches fell out, how could he have died from that?"
"Because of how fast the blood was pouring out by the looks of it."
"So why is Daniel undergoing surgery again?" Grayson asks.
"Because he'll go into shock if he doesn't, and die."
I watched as Grayson walked out of the room with tears in his eyes.
"I'll go talk to him."
I was about to get up, when I was stopped by Chandler who volunteered to take my place so I wouldn't hurt myself.
"I'll be fine."
I started to sit up, by fell back from the pain.

Chandler's POV
I just left the room and sat down next to Grayson.
"I know that I need to have faith that Daniel will survive, but I just have this feeling in my gut that he's going to die."
"Do you trust your gut?"
"I don't know there's just too many possibilities that could happen. He could go into shock, he may die, he might go into a coma. What's next? Is the doctor going to tell us that they won't be able to perform the surgery because they have to use the same equipment on another patient who's undergoing the same surgery?"
"All we can do right now is have faith and pray. And if it helps I have complete faith that Daniel is going to come home, and be the same Daniel we all know and love."
"I hope so. And thanks for trying to cheer me up Chandler, but I'd like to be alone for awhile. I may go for a walk to calm down."
"Want me to come?"
"No, I just want to be left alone for now, all right?"
"All right. I'll be sure to keep you updated on what's going on."
"Thank you."
"Don't mention it."

45 minutes later...
Grayson has finally entered my room from his break, but he still looked depressed.
"Is everything all right Grayson?" I wonder.
"No, not really. And that break didn't really help. I was too busy thinking about what would happen to you."
"All right, it's time for Daniel to undergo his surgery again."
"All right, you should have have our number to let us know how Daniel's doing."
"Yeah, we have. Now have yourselves a wonderful rest of your day."
"We'll try to." Grayson replies.

3 days later...
Grayson's POV
Our mom was on the phone and had it on speaker so we could all hear the conversation.
"How's Daniel doing doc?" Mrs. Riggs wonders.
"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Daniel has slipped into a coma."
"How long will he be out?" I ask.
"Two to six months."
"How'd this happen?" I query.
"Something went wrong during the surgery."
"You performed this surgery on him once before, so how the hell did you mess up!?"
"We had a new nurse help."
I didn't want to talk to the doctor anymore, so I just left the living room and headed up to my room.
Fucking idiots! Letting a new nurse help, what the hell were they thinking!? If they just used the same personal as before Daniel wouldn't be in a coma right now. I hope they fired that nurse! Because they probably just killed one on my best friends. When Daniel wakes up I hope he sues the hospital for what they did to him. And if he does I'm sure he's going to win.