Moving out/ Shocking News

"Oh, so you're abandoning us?" Grayson joked.
"It sure seems like that, doesn't it? But obviously I'm not, I may be at home right now, but I'm still going home with my mom."
"What about your girlfriend?"
"She's going back to her home, if I'm correct?"
"Not exactly."
"Then where are you going to stay, with Tracy and our kids? Or move in with me and my mom?"
"She's going to be staying with us. She told me that she wanted to be as close to you as possible."
I smiled and chuckled a bit.
"Don't you want to go back and live with your family? I'm sure that they'd be glad to see you."
"They were, I went there before we came here."
"And they're ok with you living with us?"
"For now, yes. They just have to, you know..."
"Adjust to the fact that you're back from the dead."
"Yes. And then I'll return home. But before we head home, I'd like to see our children."
"They're not that young anymore. They're ten years old now."
"Have I really been gone that long?"
"Yes, you have. And everyday since you passed away I never stopped thinking about you."
Hazel walked over to me and kissed me for a few seconds before pulling away.
"Your lips are still really soft. Has anything changed?"
"Nope. I'm still the same Daniel you remember."
"Good, but what's up with all of those scares?"
"Oh, I was just depressed as hell and almost killed myself, and was in a coma for four months."
"You're still cutting?"
"Wait, you knew that he was cutting himself?" Chandler and Grayson ask, in unison.
"Yes. He always had a few scares on his arm when we would meet up, but some of them were discovered on his neck, but those were just scratches."
"Yeah, I pretty much always wake up with a mark like that somewhere on my body."
"It must hurt, since you were rubbing the left side of your neck a few times while you were here."
"No, it doesn't hurt Grayson, I usually do that every morning to see if a mark like appeared. Think about it as a rash, without having to use ointment to stop you from scratching. It's just really uncomfortable, that's why I rub that side of my neck instead of scratching, even if it is very similar."
"Grayson, could you please help Daniel pack?"
"Sure thing mom."

Upstairs...
"Grayson, you haven't told anyone about what happened when we were home alone, did you?"
"No. What about you?"
"No, but I'm thinking about it."
"Why?"
"Because now that Hazel is back, she's going to want to know if I moved on when she was gone. I know that I can say no which is pretty much the truth. All I'm saying Grayson is that, it's probably going to slip out, or she's going to break me and then I'll have to tell."
"If you want to tell her, then tell her. I'm not going to stop you."
"Says the guy who called me pathetic and all that other shit. Hell, you probably watched me cut myself!"
"Daniel, if I saw you cutting, you know that I would stop you...just like all of those other times I stopped you."
"I know. And then you were put through hell all because of what I did."
"It's not your fault. None of us were expecting them to do what they did. Unless......you had something to do with it."
"I swear to God that I had nothing to do with that situation."
"Then how did they know that we would be at the park on that day?"
"Coincidence."
"That's exactly what someone who told someone that they would be at a certain location would say."
"I swear on my life that I didn't tell them. Please believe me."
"I'll think about it."
"I guess that's fair."
"What's taking so long!?" My mom calls out to me.
"Grayson and I are just having a casual conversation as we pack my bags, that's all. We should be done soon!" I reply.
"All right!"

5 minuets later...
We were done packing and we began to make our way downstairs.
"I'm going to miss this place."
"You're welcome to come over for a visit anytime you like Daniel. Don't be a stranger."
"I'll try not to be one, Mrs. Riggs."
Everyone except Grayson gave me a goodbye hug. Instead we just shook each other's hand and pounded our fists together.
"Bye Daniel."
"Goodbye Grayson. If you need anything or someone to talk to you can always text me, call me, or FaceTime me."
"All right."

On the road...
"So would you like to tell us what happened while we were gone Daniel?"
"Not right now mom. Maybe later."
"All right. So we're off to see my grandchildren?"
"Yes."
"Do you have any photos of them?" Hazel wonders.
"I do. From when they were just a baby, up until now. Tracy sent me them."
"Can I see them?"
"Sure."
I took out my phone, unlocked it so I could open up the photos app, and then handed my phone to Hazel.