The Consequence

Kaden's POV
I wasn't sure where I was. I couldn't see anything, the room was so caliginous. That is until the door opened and a blurry figure turned on the lights.
"You're awake. Good. Now we can get down to business."
"What do you want with me?" I asked.
"All of your questions will be answered in due time."
"Tell me." I stated.
"No."
I spat on who I assumed to be the leader.
"Tell me!" I demanded.
"You shouldn't have done that." Ragnvald implied.
I watched as he walked away a few inches, then he turned back, and punched me right on my nose. I could just feel the blood rushing down.
Looks like that was a huge mistake. Dad where the hell are you? I need you....I need you. Please hurry up and find me, please dad...please. I don't want to be here any longer than I have to.
I had tears cascading down my face and they weren't going to stop anytime soon.
"How are you going to know if my dad is doing all of your tasks? He could just say that he has done them." I announced.
"That is true, but he handled his first task easily."
"What was his task?" I wondered.
"To kill a loved one, even if they weren't blood related."
"My dad is not a murdered! And he never will be!"
"Ask him yourself."

Ragnvald's POV
I took out the kid's phone, called his dad, and put it on speaker.
"What the fuck do you want now!?" Daniel roared.
"Your son here is curious to know if you followed through with your first task."
"Take me off speaker and give him the phone." Daniel exclaimed.
"Just tell him, or for each second you delay he'll lose a finger."
"Ok, ok. Yes, I followed through with it Kaden. I'm sorry." Daniel proclaimed.
"And your time is up."
I took the phone off speaker and walked away from the hostage.
"Is the second task completed?"
"Yes. I just sent it."
"Good. Now for you third task, you have to rob a bank and get at least twenty grand."
"Done. Just don't hurt my son."
"As long as you hold up your end of the bargain, I'll hold up mine."
"I'll do anything to keep my son safe."
"Call me when your done."
I then hung up the phone and then returned to our captive.

Kaden's POV
I can't believe it, my dad actually killed someone. I know he's trying to save me, but he could've at least lied to him...unless.
I just started smiling and chuckling.
That's my father, he lied. I could tell. I knew that my dad would never kill anyone. That's what makes him the best father ever. My captives are FUCKING stupid, at least my dad is the clever one.
"Why the fuck are you chuckling!?" Ragnvald asked.
"Because." I responded.
"Because isn't an answer."
"You have no idea what's in store for you when my father gets here. He's going to break every bone in your pathetic body. The same goes for all of your goonies who helped you. And trust me you don't want to see my dad when he's angry."
"I'm shaking."
"You will be!"

Twenty minutes later...
"Hey kid, since where not heartless...we'll let you get some fresh air and if you try to run...you got another thing coming."
"Shouldn't one of you come with me?"
"There's no need for that. We have other members out there, but they're hidden. And if you try to run they won't hesitate to shoot you."
"Oh, ok. Well...thanks...I guess."

A few minutes later...
I was finally outside, but I couldn't even look up. I was blinded for a few minutes before I could open my eyes.
I'm surprised that they're letting me get fresh air. Normally kidnappers would never do this, but I guess there's a first time for everything. I really hope my dad finds me, and I hope that he isn't really doing the things he asked to do. If I know my dad, I'm sure that's he's coming up with one hell of a plan to bust me out.

Daniel's POV
I had just arrived at the bank, I had even put on a voice changer, but kept it hidden under my turtle neck, and finally I put my mask on.
Am I really going to rob this bank? I can just walk in there and make a withdrawal. I don't need any of this stuff. I don't need Kaden thinking that I'm a criminal. I promised him that I would keep him safe and that I would rescue him no matter what.
I took off my mask and my voice changer, and stowed them away in my backpack. I entered the bank and walked up to one of the machines. I inserted my card into the machine, entered in my pin, and proceeded to make my withdrawal.

Sometime later...
I had just finished taking out half of my money from the bank, I then left the building, and made my way home.
Now, I'm going to have to make it look like I stole them and then I'll send it.

~1 hour and a half later...
I had just finished making the bills look like I stole them and sent them away, but I had also placed a tracking device on the bag, but I made sure that it was hidden.
Even if this money doesn't go directly to them, I'll still have a pretty good idea as to where he is being held.
"It won't be long now Kaden. I'm coming for you and I'm not going to rest until your back with your family."

Kaden's POV
I know you are dad, I know you are. And I'm not going to give up on you. I love you dad, with all of my heart.
"Hey kid."
I didn't respond.
"Hey, I'm talking to you!"
I just continued to stay silent.
"When someone is talking to you, its polite to respond. I guess your mother didn't raise you good enough and neither did your father."
"You know, I never got a chance to meet my mother, but from the pictures I've seen she was beautiful. I just wish that my sister and I could've met her."
"I'm sure she got what was coming to her."
"You know if she was still alive, she would've been one of the best mothers ever."

Daniel's POV
"I'm not going to rest until I have my son back, how many times am I going to have to say that until you get it into your head Chandler?"
"You're going to have to rest at some point Daniel. It's not healthy to stay up for a long period of time."
"I know Chandler, it's just that..."
"You're worried about your son, I get that. Everyone would share the emotion your feeling right now. If there's anything I can do for you, don't hesitate to ask."
"I won't Chandler. I really appreciate your help."
"It's the least we can do. You helped us out a lot and now it's time for us to return the favor."
"Thank you."
"You're welcome. I have to go now, I'll talk to you tomorrow."
"Ok. Bye."
"Bye."
Just as I ended my call my phone started to ring, but this time I ignored it. Once my phone stopped ringing, it rang again. Once again I ignored it. Just like last time, once it stopped ringing, it rang again. This time I decided to answer it.
"Now what do you want?"
"So tell me Daniel, if you did kill your loved one...why wasn't there a murder report on the news?"
"Because I buried the body."
"I'm calling your bluff. And if I don't have evidence by tomorrow your son will be losing a few of his fingers."
"Dad!"
"Let me talk to my son in private."

Ragnvald's POV
"You have three minutes."
I took the phone away from my ear, took it off of speakerphone and handed it to Daniel's son.
"Your father wants to talk to you."
I collected my friends and we left the room, but I kept the door partially opened.

Kaden's POV
"Dad. I really hope you know what you're doing. I'm scared. Get me out of here."
"I do. And I will. I'm going to make it look like I killed someone and I'm going to send Ragnvald those pictures. I'm going to make sure that nothing bad happens to you."
"You say that, but do you really mean that? They're threatening to cut off a few of my fingers."
"I know. I promise you that I will not let any harm fall upon you."
"Cross your heart?"
"Cross my heart."

Ragnvald's POV
I had reentered the room, along with with my friends. I walked up to Kaden and said, "your times up."
"I love you dad."
After he said that I took back the phone and held it against my ear.
"Remember, you have until tomorrow to get me those photos. And you know the consequence if I don't. So you better hurry."