A week to myself

A/N: This song is my childhood favorite, and it always will be. It always puts a smile on my face, and sometimes it brings tears of joy to my eyes.
You can choose to listen to it or not, if you do choose to listen to it, make sure you have it ready for Daniel's second text conversation. I just felt like I had to add this song to this chapter because it brings so much joy into some people's lives, and I wanted to add some joy into my readers. So, enjoy!

Ahh, a week to myself. I never expected this, then again who would. Well, I might as well make the most out of my time alone.
So before I started making me some brunch, I decided to clean up the entire house. It took me around 90 minutes to finish my task, and it took an extra 25 minutes for me to make some scrambled eggs with some diced onions, some red and green peppers, and a few cloves of garlic, with some fried hotdogs. I purposely burnt some parts of my hotdogs, since I find that they're better that way. Plus it adds a crunch to it.
I only ate half of what I made, since I wanted to save the rest for later. Usually I would just eat everything on my plate, I guess I wasn't as hungry as I thought I was. So I put the leftovers in the microwave and went to go watch some NETFLIX.

5:30 p.m.
It was basically dinnertime and I just warmed up my leftovers for dinner. It didn't take long for them to reach my desired temperature, only a few minutes, that's it. It didn't even take me that long to polish them off, only a couple of minutes. As I was going to wash my plate my phone started ringing, I took it out of my pocket, answered it, and placed it on speaker.
"Hola amigo, como estas."
"I'm good Daniel. How about you?"
"I'm all right Grayson. I'm still wondering why I have a whole week to myself."
"We just thought that you could use it, ever since your emotional breakdown."
"Oh...Yeah...Right."
"What even caused it?"
"Just a dream that I had."
"What was it about?"
"Losing everyone I love right in front of me."
"I'm sorry to hear that."
"It's ok. See you guys in a week. Tell the others that I say hi."
"Will do. Take care of yourself Daniel."
"I will. Bye Grayson."
"Bye."
Our call ended after that, and soon after that I was getting texts from my son.
Kaden: Hey dad, it's your son. I just wanted to see how you were and when you'll drop by for a visit.

Daniel: hey sport, I'm doing just fine, but I'm still trying to get over this horrible dream I had. And I'll drop by for a visit after a week. If that's ok with you.

Kaden: sounds good to me. Alice and Tracy say hi.

Daniel: tell them I say hi as well and ask them how they're doing for me please.

Kaden: they're doing good and they appreciate at you asking.

Daniel: well I do love you guys.

Kaden: we love you too dad. Say, what was your dream about? Maybe I can help cheer you up.

Daniel: I'd rather not say. It's too depressing. I don't want to ruin your day or upset you.

Kaden: how bad could it have been?

Daniel: what's the worst thing that's happened to me so far?

Kaden: you lost me and Alice.

Daniel: now imagine me losing everyone I love right in front of me, powerless to do anything. 😥

Kaden: I'm sorry to hear that dad.

Daniel: thanks sport. I'll TTYL. It was nice to hear from you.