The search for Kaden (parts 1-5)

Part 1
For the past few hours I have been sitting on the couch, calling up all of my friends, all of my kids' friends, and Kaden's former bullies. Thankfully when Jared, Jake, Ryan, and I were finally done forming my search party. We should be able to cover a shit ton of ground and we should be able to find my son within a few days.
I just hope that he's all right.
"Hey dad, are you busy?"
I looked over at Alice and smiled.
"No, not at all. Come. Sit."

Alice's POV
I walked over to my dad and sat down beside him.
"What's on your mind?"
"I'm just really worried about Kaden. That's all."
"Want to talk about it?"
"I know that's he's my brother and all, and I know that I shouldn't doubt you, but...do you really think that we can find him? What if they left the state? What if they...already...killed him? What if..."
"Alice, I assure you that we will find your brother and bring him back. And his captures made a deal with me."
"What's the catch?"
"You're not going to like it Alice. You see I have to do everything they say, and if I don't...Kaden will...Kaden will die."
"Have you received any tasks yet?"
"Recently no, but I have already completed two tasks."
"What were they?"
"Kill a loved one, even if they weren't blood related."
"Did you?"
My dad leaned in close and whispered into my ear.
"No."
My dad then returned back to his original position.
"And the second?"
"Rob a store."
"Let me guess...you lied again?"
"Nope..."
"So did you rob the store?"
"No, I didn't. It's like they want me to become a criminal, well...that's not going to happen, not now...not ever."
"Good. Because we need you."
"I know you do sweetie. I need the two of you as well."
My dad and I hugged for a minute or two before we released each other.
"Alice, I know that you want to help look for your brother, but I need you to stay here with Tracy."
"I'll be fine dad."
"I don't want to put you at risk. I already lost the two of you once, if I were to lose you two again...I don't know what I would do."
"If you want me to stay with Aunt Tracy, I will."
"Thanks."

Daniel's POV
Just then my phone started ringing, I answered it, looked at my daughter, put my finger to my lips, and put it up to my ear.
"Ragnvald, did you get the cash that I sent?"
"It just arrived."
I noticed that Tracy had entered the living room and she was about to speak, but I put my finger to my lips to stop her.
"So, am I done? Are you going to release my son?"
"You're not done just yet. Now, since I don't believe the fact that you killed one of your loved ones...I want proof! I'll be sending one of my goons to meet you in town square. You better hurry, you only have until tomorrow."
After that the call ended and I looked at my daughter and at Tracy.
"I already know what I'm going to do."
"And what's that?" Alice wondered.
"I'm going to make it look like I murdered one of my brothers."
"How many brothers do you have Daniel?"
"Well James is my blood brother, but even though Grayson and Chandler are technically my friends, I still count them as being my brothers."
"And what do you call your friends who are girls? Sisters?" Alice asked.
"I sometimes call them gal pals, but I mostly just call them by their names. I'm sure that most girls do that, but I'm sure that they call them girlfriends instead of gal pals."
"Yeah we do." Alice implied.
"Alice, there's something I have to tell you."
"What is it?"
"I only have until tomorrow to show Kaden's captors proof that I killed someone."
"Well you better hurry up and fake the death of whoever you're going to photograph."
"I will and I already have an idea as to who I'm going to do it to."
"Who?"
"My brother...James."
"Will he be ok with that?"
"I'm not sure. That's why I'm going to call him and see what his response is."
"Good idea."
"Now if you'll excuse me, I have a phone call to make."
"You're excused dad."
I got up from the couch and walked over to Alice's bedroom. I leaned against the door, took out my phone and called James. Unfortunately it went straight to voicemail, so I just left a message.
"Hey James, its me...your brother Daniel. When you get this can you give me a call? It's really important. Thanks. Bye."
Just incase James wouldn't get back to me in time, I gave Grayson a ring. Once again it went straight to voicemail.
"Grayson, when you get this please give me a call, I don't have much time...so, yeah. It's really important, so once again, when you get this please call me. Thanks. Bye."
This time I decided to give Chandler a ring, but his phone also went to voicemail.
"Chandler, your the third person I've tried to reach. When you get this call me...ok. Thanks bye."
I know that they're probably busy with the search, but they could've at least kept their phones on. This is very important. If I don't get this photos, my son will die. I don't want that to happen. If I have to, I will let Ragnvald and his goons kill me instead. Kaden deserves to live and if I have to sacrifice myself for that to happen, then so be it. At least Kaden will get to live to see another day.
Not even five seconds later my phone started to ring. I looked at the caller ID and noticed that it was Grayson who was calling me. I immediately answered it and placed it against my ear.
"So, what's this really urgent matter?"
"Well you see, it's about my son..."
"Is he all right?"
"He's fine. At least for now."
"What do you mean? What's going on?"
"Kaden's captors are giving me these tasks and as long as I keep doing them Kaden will remain harm free, but if I don't. He dies. My first task was to kill a loved one, but I didn't. I lied. And now Ragnvald is calling my bluff. I only have until tomorrow to show him proof. I was just wondering if I could make it look like I killed you."
"Of course. I also want to keep your son out of harms way, but I'm just curious about something. Did his captor tell you his name?"
"No. he didn't have to. Ragnvald was my old kidnapper."
"Why haven't you told us this before?"
"I wasn't sure how to. They'd be stupid to take him to the same house they took me."
"So where do you think they took him?"
"IF I KNEW THAT, DO YOU THINK THAT I'D BE WASTING TIME TALKING TO YOU!? NO! I'D BE OUT THERE RIGHT NOW BRINGING MY SON HOME! I WOULDN'T EVEN NEED YOUR HELP! I'D DO IT ALL BY MYSELF!"
"Sorry I called."
"Look Grayson, I'm sorry. I'm just really pissed. I didn't mean to yell at you."
"It's all right. I understand."
"Are you still up for our plan?"
"Of course I am. I'm not going to leave you hanging."
"Thanks bro."
"You're welcome."
"Where are we going to meet?"
"Let's just meet at our house, 'Kay?"
"Ok. Thanks a lot Grayson. I really appreciate this."
"No problem."