Flatlined/Revived

"You guys have one tough adopted son."
"Yes we do Merrick, yes we do. He's helped us out a lot with those skills of his."
"How so?"
"Well, our house was broken into twice and Daniel saved us both times." Grayson states. "He's even helped me out with my bullies. They were seriously out of control and nearly killed me, but thanks to Daniel...I'm still here."
"Wow. Sounds like Daniel is..."
"Yes he is Merrick."
"Wow, six hours after his surgery and he still hasn't woken up. Do you think that he's all right."
"He's fine Merrick. I know he is."
"Then why is his heartbeat slowing down?"
"What!?"
Grayson and Chandler walked over to Daniel's bed.
"Daniel, don't you dare leave us! Not now, not like this! You're already on your way to the live stage, which'll come down between you and Merrick, hopefully. Both of you have a lot of talent, and are going to go far. I know you are."
"Chandler's right, Daniel. Even if you can't hear us. We love you bro. You're going to pull through, I know you are."
"He should've listened to me, he wouldn't be in here if he wasn't so stubborn, I understand why he did it, but he really should've let security handle them."
"Just be glad he took a bullet for you."
"I am."

*flatline beep*

6 hours later...
"Wow. Twelve hours and he still hasn't--"
"W-w-where am I?"
I looked around and noticed that Merrick was in the room.
"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at home?"
"I'm here to show you and your family my support for what you did."
"Thank you, but what about your family?"
"They're very thankful for what you did. Especially my brother. He and I look up to each other and inspire one another."
"How long was I out?"
"Twelve hours, plus you did flatline." Merrick declares. "It took them ten minutes to revive you. They were going to call it on the fifth attempt, but we encountered them to keep on going."
"It was Merrick's idea. You should thank him."
"There's no need for that. He saved me, so in a way I returned the favour."
"Thank you Merrick."
"There's no need to thank me, after all friends look out for one another."
"We're friends?"
"Well...more like acquaintances."
"I understand, we should hangout sometime. Maybe have a dance off."
"A dance off with me? You don't stand a chance Daniel. You're going to regret challenging me. Plus I saw you mimicking me while I was performing."
"What can I say? Your dancing is just so infectious. I couldn't help myself. And stop SMILING, your smile is just as infectious as your dancing."
"I can't help it."
"Well, for what it's worth Merrick, I'm glad that you're still alive."
"And the same goes for you Daniel."
Merrick walked up to me and when I went to hug him, I could only move one of my arms, so he only received a one arm hug from me.
"I'm afraid that I have to go now guys. It was nice meeting you, hopefully we'll see each other again someday."
"You can count on it." Grayson states.
"Goodbye everyone."
"Bye Merrick."
"Stay safe."
"I will, and the same goes for all of you."
"Don't worry we will."
My right arm and leg have been paralyzed, I'm not sure if it'll be permanent or temporary, right now I'm praying for it to be temporary.
"I've got some good news and some bad news."
"What's the bad news?"
"From all of those bullets that Daniel took, really did a number on him. Even with that surgery, Daniel may not fully recover. However the good news is that your paralysis for your right arm and leg is only temporary, but if something like this happens again, you won't survive."