Am I Next?

"Grayson?"
"Yes?"
"You know how my kids died, right?"
"Yeah, why?"
"What if the same thing happens to me? What if I'm next? What if I'm going to be one of the next few murder victims? What if...?"
"Daniel. I can assure you that nothing bad is going to happen to you it hasn't already, right?"
"Well, if you don't count all of the times that I tried to take my life then you'd be right."
"I wasn't. I didn't want to bring back those awful memories. You're going to be perfectly safe, I promise."
"Yeah, I guess you're right. I just have to stop thinking negative and start thinking positive."
"Hey Grayson, I'm going to go for a walk...want to come?"
"I'm good, thanks."
"Ok, see you when I get back."
"Yep. Don't miss me too much."
"(Chuckles) I'll try not to."

Grayson's POV
After Daniel left I decided to go and check on my brother, see if he's doing any better.
I got up from my bed and walked over to Chandler's room. I knocked.
"Come on in, Grayson." Chandler stated.
I opened the door and stepped inside.
"What do you want now?" Chandler asked.
"I'm just coming to check on you, like a good brother." I responded.
"I'm just fine Grayson. You don't have to worry about me." Chandler exclaimed.
"Can I tell you something?" Grayson wondered.
"What is it?" Chandler queried.
"Well, as I was talking to Daniel he started talking about his kids and how he thinks that he may be one of the next few murder victims." Grayson answered.
"Is he still here?" Chandler questioned.
"No. He went for a walk. It looked like he needed one. I told him that nothing bad would happen to him." Grayson avowed.
"That's it?"
"Pretty much, yeah."
"(Sighs) Grayson, why didn't you try harder? If I were Daniel, that wouldn't be enough to convince me. You should've tried harder."
"I know."
"So, when he gets back you need to convince him more, ok?"
"Yeah."
"Is there anything else?"
"Did you and Hana break up?"
"We did. She's not coming back here ever again. She said so herself. No matter what. I just texted her to apologize for calling her a bitch. No reply just yet."
"Oh ok. I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you."
"Thanks. I'd like to be alone now Grayson."
"Ok. I'll see you later then."
"Yep. Before you go Grayson there's something I'd like to say."
"What?"
"Thanks for being a wonderful brother."
"You're welcome, the same goes for you and Daniel."
"I'm sure he'll appreciate that. Too bad Daniel went for that walk.
"Why? Is there something that you have to tell him?"
"You could say that. I'll just wait for him to get back. I don't want to disturb him on his walk."
"Ok. I'll get out of your hair now."
"Why don't we go play some madden? Me and you? You can be the Atlanta Falcons and I'll be the Minnesota Reapers. You'll have the home field advantage and we'll be playing for the super bowl. Good luck."
"I don't need luck to beat you, but good luck to you too."
"What was the score when you played against Daniel?"
"44-38."
"So, Daniel won?"
"Yeah, he did. If he didn't intercept my pass, I would've won. From what he's told me he hasn't lost yet and now I know why."
"Oh, care to tell me his secret?"
"Nope."
I then left Chandler's room.

Daniel's POV
Normally I'd be listening to music right about now, but for this walk and this walk only I decided not to. I was too busy walking down memory lane to enjoy the wonderful sound of music. I had just arrived at the park where I first met Hayley and I'm never going to forget that day. It was too magical.
I closed my eyes, smiled and sighed happily. When I opened my eyes I looked over at the tree and smiled once again, that was where I first kissed Hayley and where I asked her out. She didn't even hesitate, she said, "yes" immediately.
After staring at the park for almost ten minutes I finally got back on track and continued going down memory lane, even if it was somewhat depressing. For my next destination I decided to go and visit my friends at the apartment me and my family used to live in.

30 minutes later...
I had just stopped outside of a convenience store and was about to enter but it was being robbed by a well-toned male, he was 6 foot 1, he was wearing a black balaclava, a black hoodie and cargo pants. His mask had no separation between the eyes unlike some balaclavas. From what I could see he had blue eyes and he probably had brown hair.
Even though this was a risky move I had no choice. I had to do something, I couldn't just stand here and watch. The very moment I entered the store the robber turned to me and opened fire on me. Thankfully he only fired once and I was even more grateful that it missed me.
I managed to tackle the robber down to the ground and managed to make him drop his gun I looked at the cashier and asked her if she had any zip ties.
She nodded and went to go get them.
I did my best to hold him down but it was no use he overpowered me and began to choke me with one hand while his other hand went inside his pocket and pulled out a five inch long pocket knife.
Before he unfolded the blade he punched me in the gut which knocked the wind out of me. He grabbed me by my shirt and just looked at me.
"Coming in here was a big mistake kid and now it's going to cost you your life. Any last words?"
"I only have two....Fuck you!"
I could tell that I really pissed him off. He held his blade tightly and just when he was seconds away from stabbing me he released me from his grasp and fell backwards. He started twitching as if he was having a seizure but he wasn't, he was being tased.
I looked around to see who had fired the taser and saw a group of police officers start to approach me. Three out of the six officers apprehended the robber and the remaining officers started to question me.
"So, can you tell us what happened here?"
"Well, as I was on my walk, I came across this store. I looked into the store from the door's window and noticed that it was being robbed. I didn't do anything for a while, but I managed to build up the courage to enter and tackle the robber down to the ground. After that I looked at the cashier and asked her if she had any zip ties. She gave me a nod and went into the back to get them and it appears that she did more than that. I'm glad that she did. I would probably be dead right about now, same goes for her."
"I should mention that when I first entered the store he fired at me, but obviously it missed. He probably did that intentionally."
"After you tackled the robber what did you do?"
"I did my best to hold him down but he overpowered me. He used one hand to choke me and he used the other to pull out his five-inch pocket knife. Before he attempted to stab me he punched me in the gut, which obviously knocked the wind out of me and after that he tried to stab me, that's when you guys arrived and tased him. Thank you."
"You're welcome."
"You don't need me to come in for further questioning...do you?"
"I think we have all the information we need."
After that they proceeded to escort the robber to one of the squad cars outside and once they were gone the cashier approached me.
"I just wanted to say thanks for saving my life. I really appreciate it. As a token of my gratitude, I'll let you pick two things from my store for free."
"Are you sure? I don't want you to lose any business. I think I should pay."
"Ok, but if you do come back just know that my offer will still be available."
"I'll bare that in mind."
While I was here I decided to buy a few things. The first thing I chose was a one liter of black cherry sparkling water. The other two items I bought were two giant boxes (28.2 oz.) of Reese puffs and before I went to go purchase them I grabbed $15 dollars from my wallet and I checked the total on my phone. The total came to $13.75. I walked up to the cashier and placed my items on the counter.
"13.75 please."
I handed him the $15 and told him to keep the change. He nodded and bagged my items. I took them and as I was heading out he thanked me once again.
"You're welcome."
Once I was outside I put my cereal into my bag and kept out my water. Before I headed off I decided that I would put on some music. I decided to play my Led Zeppelin playlist first and then I would change it to my mixed playlist. I had at least thirty Led Zeppelin songs and I knew all of them off by heart, I could sing to all of them if I wanted to...and that's exactly what I did.