Court cut short

As soon as I woke up I couldn't wait to arrive at court, because I knew my father would be there to admit that it was him and not me. I was let out of my room, placed in handcuffs, and was escorted to a patrol car, were I was placed in the back seat. We then departed.

The Riggs residence...
"Well, we better get going, we don't want to be late." Mrs. Riggs stated.
The five of them left the house, got into their SUV and drove off.

On the road...
"Honestly, I still can't believe that Daniel took the blame. What if the judge doesn't believe that his father did it?" Chandler wondered.
"The judge would have to, he's confessing to his own crime." Mr. Riggs said.
"But what if he or she doesn't?" Chandler asked.
"Well, we could object to their decision and say that, "Daniel was at our house during the time of the fire. We have an alarm system on our house and windows. There could be no way he could've snuck out to start a fire. Plus we have proof that he never left the house." Mr. Riggs explained. "We have the tape to prove it."
"Wait, we have cameras in our house?" Chandler questioned.
"Only in the necessary parts of the house and the rest are in the hallways." Mr. Riggs answered.
"I did not know that." Chandler exclaimed.

45 minutes later...
They had finally arrived at the desired courthouse, they got out of their vehicle, walked to the doors and entered. It wasn't really a surprise when they saw me enter a courtroom, they walked over to that specific room and entered. They walked all the way to the front row and took their seats right behind me.

2 hours later...
The trial had finally began.
"All rise for the honourable Judge Isaac."
Everyone rose as the judge entered the room and sat as his chair.
"You may now be seated."
Everybody sat back down. I looked around and noticed that my father had just entered right before they closed the doors.
I was in the prosecution chair, which was next to the judge's chair.
"Daniel-Nicholas Beliveau, you stand accused of attempting to burn down the set of The Walking Dead, how do you plead?"
"Guilty. I'm not happy with what I did and I'm not sure what got into me. I will not deny the fact that I did try and burn it all down. But before you decide my fate I would like to apologize to my co-workers and everyone at AMC."
Since there were people from AMC and "The Walking Dead" here I turned my attention to them and started to speak.
"Everyone, I would just like to say how sorry I am, I know I could've stopped myself and I don't know why I didn't, but if I could go back in time I would stop myself from ever doing so in the first place. I can probably guess what you're all thinking: why on earth would someone like me want to burn down not just their workplace, but the workplace of many others. Not to mention the fact that we're all friends...well were all friends. I highly doubt that any of you would still want to be my friend. I just hope that within time you can all forgive me. I know I won't for awhile."
Chandler stood up.
"Your honor may I say something?"
"You may."
"Daniel, I'd just like to say that, I forgive you. I could tell that your apology came from the heart. Thank you."
Chandler then took his seat again and then Grayson told everyone else that he had also accepted his apology, but the others weren't too sure just yet.
"Has the jury reached a verdict?"
"We have your honor. We find the defendant Daniel-Nicholas Beliveau, guilty."
"Very well. I here by sentence you to three years in juvenile hall."
Just as the judge was about to smack gavel, my dad stood up.
"Your honour. He's not the one who did it...I am." Andrew announced.
Everyone in the room gasped.
I stood up.
"It's true your honour, he is the one who did it, I was covering for him since he always found a way to avoid court and justice. That's why I took the blame, my father is guilty of a lot. Like the murder in Virginia state in 2008, and the robbery in 2009." I implied.
"Well in that case I have no choice but to drop the charges on you and sentence Andrew James Thompson to 40 years in prison." Judge Isaac stated, slamming the gavel to make it official.
Everyone then left. The judge cleared me to leave with my family and so I did.
"Well, my dad is now going to be in jail for forty years. He deserves it. I'm making all of you a promise that I will NEVER do this again. It was wrong and next time I'll do the right thing, like I should've." I stated.
"Well, I'm glad you've learned your lesson." Mrs. Riggs replied.
"Let's get out of here." I said.
We walked out of the building, walked to the SUV, entered and drove off.

#JustWriteIt

#Fanfiction