(Back to School *unexpected news*)

*Knock knock knock*
"Kaden, Alice it's time to get ready for--" Daniel started.
My sister and I opened the door all dressed and all ready to head to school.
"So, you're just going to head off to school without having any breakfast? I made french toast, a few omelettes, and some bacon and sausages." Daniel asks.
"French toast? Is the bread talking now? And does it only knows one language?" I joked.
My dad and my sister started laughing, I even laughed a little bit.
"So...?"
"Yeah. We'll eat before we go, dad."
My sister and I way made our way over to the kitchen and sat down at the table, before we started eating our dad spoke up.
"Once again I'd like to say that I'm proud of the both of you and that I respect your relationship, but if I may ask, why did you two decide to date each other?"
"We just--"
"I'll tell him Kaden."
"Ok."
"You see dad...Kaden and I have always felt this way about each other, we just didn't embrace it until now. Ever since we were two years old we've been in love with each other. When we first stared into each other's eyes, we knew it was meant to be."
"Why didn't you tell me about this sooner?"
"Because we knew that you'd freak out and would probably never want to see us again."
"Alice...I love you two and I'd never abandon you two. You're my family and I love you. I've told you plenty of times that I'd do anything for you."
"We love you too dad."
"Enough chit chat, you're going to be late for school so eat quickly, but don't choke."

5 minutes later...
We finished our breakfast, hugged our dad goodbye and made our way to our school.
Once we were a good enough distance from our house, Alice and I looked at each other, smiled and then I spoke up.
"Alice?"
"Yes Kaden?"
"Should we tell our dad about what happened before we went to sleep at the sleepover? After all he does deserves to know, but he's going to flip out if we tell him."
"Let's wait until tomorrow and then we'll tell him, that way we can talk it through with each other and..."
"I know what you mean, and I agree with you. We should work it out before we tell him. Now, let's sprint to school just so we're not late."
"Ok."

3 minutes later...
Once we were in our school Alice and I made our way to Mrs. Cockburn's classroom.
"It feels good to be back at school, at least for now, don't you agree sis?"
"I guess."
Once we reached her classroom, we entered and took our seats right beside each other.
"Welcome back everyone. I'm sure you all had a fantastic break from school. Would anyone like to tell us what they did during the break?"
Jacob raised his hand.
"Go ahead Jacob."
"On my break I made a YouTube channel and for my first video I did a livestream of the video game Diablo three and in one day I made five hundred subscribers. The next day me and my family went to a fair and went on almost every ride there. My dad and I went on the slingshot, since my mom was terrified of it because you never know when one of the cord could break."

10 minutes later...
Alice rose her hand and our teacher nodded, as a signal for her to begin.
"On my...well I should say our break, me and Kaden basically just hung out at home, except for the second last week of our break we went over to our friend's house for a sleepover and we ended up playing dirty truth or dare. It was hella nasty, but it was quite fun. And after that we didn't do anything special."
"Don't lie!" Ryan called out. "I heard a lot of noise coming from the room you were staying in. And quite a bit of moaning. You two are in a relationship, aren't you?"
You motherfucker!
I took a deep breath and admitted it to the whole class.
Mostly everyone didn't know what to say, but our teacher got everyone's attention by saying, "All right children, I want you all to settle down because our class has officially began. And today we're having a spelling test, consisting of twenty words, but that won't happen until later on. For now I want all of you to take out your notebooks and write about what you plan on doing in the future. This assignment should be at least three pages long."
"Awwwwwww." Everyone complained.
"You shouldn't be complaining, this assignment is easy, and it shouldn't take you that long. All you have to do is write about what you want to do in the future. When I was your age this assignment took me three minutes to complete. As you can tell, I wrote about becoming a teacher."
I rose my hand and asked, "why did you want to become a teacher?"
"I wanted to become a teacher because wanted to help out children like yourselves get a good education. Does that answer your question, Kaden?"
"Vaguely. I understand that part that you want all of us to get a good education, but why did you choose to be a teacher, out of all of the jobs that you could've picked from?"
"Because it was my plan from when I was about your age. I knew that it was what I wanted to do. I also wanted to follow in my father's footsteps. He was a professor before he met my mom. He told me how much fun he had teaching all of his students, and I wanted to do the same, just like I am now. Now does that answer your question, Kaden?"
"Yes."
"Ok, now everyone please start on your assignment."

25 minutes later...
We were all done our assignment and everyone except me and Alice read what we wanted to do in the future, even if we find a different job from what we wrote.
"Ok, Kaden, Alice, which one of you want to go first?"
I turned to my sister and said, "let's settle this the old fashion way. Best two out of three, Rock Paper Scissors."
Alice and I held out our left hand, made a fist with our right hand and placed it on our left hand.
We hit our left hand three times and it ended up being a tie, we both picked scissors. The next round I had won, I picked paper and Alice picked rock.
"One nothing. I'm totally going to win.
"No you're not. You're going to lose."

Two rounds later...
Alice had won and I stood up and walked up to the front of the class, with my notebook opened and ready.
"You may begin when you're ready Kaden."
"What I want to do in the future. Besides graduating, I want to go to college and take a writing course, a video production course, and a carpentry course. Even though this assignment took me quite awhile to finish, I enjoy writing, just like my dad who has already published a few books and like Mrs. Cockburn, I wouldn't mind following him in his footsteps, I also enjoy recording videos, I just record anything that interests me, for example if someone or something funny is happening, I'll record it. I'll either record with my phone or my Aunt's camera. Now, I don't really enjoy working with wood, but it's slowly growing on me. If I HAD to pick one, I'd choose to be an author like my dad. And that's pretty much it."
Everyone started clapping and then Mrs. Cockburn spoke up.
"Does anyone have any questions for Kaden?"
Ryan raised his hand.
"Yeah, I got a question. You suck!"
I saw him give off a sign that he was joking and I let out a light chuckle, however Mrs. Cockburn didn't look to pleased.
"Go and sit in the corner Ryan. I'm setting the timer for five minutes."

A few hours later...
School was finally over and my sister and I started to make our way home.
"So you really want to become a nurse or a doctor?"
"Yes I do. They do get paid quite a lot of money, but I'm only taking the job for the experience and to help save people's lives, and also to make new friends of course."
"Of course."
After a few minutes of walking we finally arrived at home. Alice opened the door and stepped aside so that I could enter, and the she closed the door behind me, she even locked it. We took off our shoes, walked over to our bedrooms since we no longer shared a room.
I just throw my backpack over by my bed, left my room, closing the door behind me. And I'm assuming that Alice did the same.
I walked over to the living room and sat down next to Alice and my dad, I'm not sure why but he was watching "The Young and the Restless".
"Do you really like this soap opera?"
"Yes I do Kaden, yes I do."
"Why? This show is fucking stupid!"
"Watch your mouth, or I'll wash it out with soap."
"Sorry."
"Just promise me that you won't swear again, please."
"You have my word."
"I'm holding you to that, or instead of soap, you'll have to drink half a cup of vinegar."
"That's even worse than soap."
"But if you have the hiccups just drink some vinegar, it'll really help."

Sometime later...
It was time for bed and I have to say I hated the fact that I was no longer sharing a room with my sister.
I have to admit that it was lonely in my own room, but I'll get use to it. It's not like I'll never see her again, since we obviously live in the same house. I tried to fall asleep but I couldn't, it's just not the same as it used to be. When Alice and I shared a room I fell asleep instantly, it only took five seconds. Now it seems to be taking forever.
This time it took me two whole hours to fall asleep.

Daniel's POV
"I still can't believe that Kaden and Alice are in a relationship, but I'm going to have to live with it. As long as they're happy, I'm happy. I just wonder if they're keeping something from me, something else must've happened at their sleepover that they're not telling me."
Alice left the washroom and walked over to me.
"Dad?"
"Yes?"
"Kaden and I left out one other detail from our sleepover."
"And what's that?"
"Kaden and I had sex."
I was speechless, I didn't know what to say."
"And there's something else that I have to tell you."
"What's that?"
"I'm pregnant."

A/N: I probably got off topic for this part of the chapter, but I just felt like it was necessary for Alice to come clean since Kaden was obviously asleep. So without further ado, here's the next chapter.