Back to the Past

Grayson's POV
"What the hell? How did I end up seven years in the past? And what part of Georgia am I in?"
Just as I was going to take my first step, I bumped into someone causing them to fall to the ground.
"Sorry about that."
"I should be the one who's sorry, I wasn't watch where I was going."
I held out my hand and helped up who I assumed to be nine year old Daniel.
"May I get your name?"
"I know that I'm talking to you right now, but my mom told me..."
"To never talk to strangers." Both of us said in unison.
"Well, I should let you continue on your way."
"Yeah, I have to get home for supper."
"Well enjoy the rest of your day."
"I will."
After we said our goodbyes we went our separate ways, but I couldn't help but wonder if Daniel's incident happened while he was heading home, so I decided to follow him home just to be sure that he got home safe.

10 minutes later...
"Why are you following me?"
"For your own safety."
"I don't need some creepy bodyguard, I can take care of myself! Now leave me alone!"
"Daniel Nicholas-Beliveau!"
"How the fuck do you know my name!? Who are you!?"
"My name is Grayson. Grayson Riggs."
"Well Grayson, I'm going to say this once again, LEAVE ME ALONE!"
"I'm only trying to help."
"I don't need your help. I can handle myself."
"You say that now, and if you don't accept my help you're going to regret it later in the future."
"The future? What do you know about the future?"
"You wouldn't believe me if I told you, even if I showed you a picture you'd just think that I photoshopped it."
"I'm a very openminded person."
I took out a photo of Daniel's true face and before I showed it to him, I took a deep breath and then handed him the photo.
"What the hell happened to my face?"
"That's why I'm here. I'm here to stop whoever desecrated your face."
"Thank you, but I'm sure I can handle whoever did that to me by myself."
"Better to be safe than sorry."
"I could knock you out in just a matter of seconds."
"No you can't, because not only are we friends in the future but you also taught me how to fight, and I've studied every move in your wrestling move-set so our fight wouldn't get anywhere."

A/N: I know that if you ever go back in time like Grayson has, you shouldn't change the past no matter what, and that you shouldn't be having a conversation like Grayson is having with 9 year old Daniel, but since they were going to come face to face anyway I decided to have them meet at the beginning. Just thought I'd let you all know, now back to the story.

"You don't seem like the fighting type, but who am I to judge, and if something bad is actually going to happen to me then I shouldn't be careless, so would you like to be my escort home?"
"Sure, one can never be too careful."

10 minutes later...
*rustle rustle*
"Shh, did you hear that Grayson?"
"Yeah, but it came from both sides of the street be ready for anything."
"I always am."
Daniel and I didn't take our eyes off the moving bushes, but just to be safe we backed up a little bit.
"Thanks for helping me Grayson."
"You're welcome Daniel."
"So how did we become friends in the future?"
"Let's just say that you did something I'm never going to forget."
"Did I save your life or something?"
"All I'm going to say is that you should never change. You're perfect the way you are."
"Thanks....."
"I'm just saying all of this because in the future you try to kill yourself and it's because of what happened when you were kidnapped. That's why I'm here."
"So is that why I'm missing a ton of my face?"
A few seconds later a couple of dogs jumped out of the bushes and since we could hear their owners nearby we continued on our way.

5 minutes later...
"Aren't you going to answer my question?"
"Yes, that's why you're missing half of your face."
"HOW THE HELL AM I STILL ALIVE!?"
"You're one tough kid, that's how."
"Next thing I know you're telling me that I was drafted into the war, and when I came home I lost every body part on the right side of my body."
"You did. Now you have to wear prosphetics."
"Let me guess, I only signed up because It's tradition?"
"Yep, but that's not important right now."
"Yeah, you're right. C'mon I know a shortcut to my house. I only use this shortcut in case of emergencies."
"Lead the way."

10 minutes later...
"That was a shortcut?"
"Yes. It usually takes me half an hour to arrive home, now we only have to walk another five minutes."
"So why don't you take that route more often?"
"Because it's only meant for emergencies."
"Why?"
"Because that's what my mom told me a week ago."
"Even though I've never met your mom, it seems as though she was a smart individual."
"Was?"
"In the future she dies, how I have no idea because you receive the phone call."
"When she dies do I go live with my father?"
"No. You come live with me and my family."
"At least I'm not living on the streets."
"True. And Daniel?"
"Yeah?"
"No matter what happens, don't ever change. You're a great guy and I don't want that to change."
"We all have to change sometimes, but don't worry I know what you mean and I promise that I won't change...no matter what."
"Good."

*Snap snap* *rustle rustle*
"Do you think that it's could be dogs again Grayson?"
"I'd be lying if I said yes."
"Well, let's..."
"Let's what? Call the cops?"
Right after I said that three people holding pocket knives and a tec p11 9mm pistols revealed themselves and started to approach us.
"We have no quarrel with you, so just let us be please."
"Even though you said please, I'm afraid we can't let you go."
"Winston, you know what to do, but remember to keep them alive."
"Don't worry boss, I haven't forgotten."
Winston had a buzzcut, a clean shaved beard, brown eyes, and he was wearing a white muscle t-shirt and black camo cargo jeans.
"Don't do anything stupid Grayson."
"I won't. After all I learned from the best."
Winston approached me and hit me with the butt of his gun as hard as he could, knocking me out. He also did the same to Daniel.

45 minutes later...
I started to come to and instantly realized that I was tied to a pipe, and once my vision cleared up I noticed that Daniel was tied to a pole in front of me.
"Daniel? Hey Daniel, can you hear me?"
"W-w-where are we?"
"I'm assuming it's the house you told me about in the future."
"So what are we going to do now that we've been captured?"
"Escape."
"How?"
"Just give me five minutes and then all we'll have to do is knock out our kidnappers, take a picture of the address and the street name so we can get them arrested for kidnapping."
"How do you plan on escaping?"
"Like this."

3 minutes later...
"There we go."
"Did I also teach you how to escape like that?"
"No. A YouTube video did. Now let's set you free."
Just as I was going to approach Daniel the basement door swung open. So I quickly rushed back to my spot and did my best to make it look like I was still tied up.
"Wakey wakey sleepyheads."
"We're already awake Winston."
"Good. Now we can get down to business."
"If you let Daniel go and no harm falls upon him I'll let you kill me."
"You're joking, right?"
"No. I'm serious."
"You don't have to do this Grayson."
"I'll be fine. Trust me. No harm will fall upon you."
"I trust you."
Winston walked over to a workbench and grabbed a hammer and a machete. He then approached me and hit me across the face with both ends of the hammer.
Even though I was only coughing up blood, Winston proceeded to cut both of my shoulders and reopened the cuts Harold and his goonies left on me when he tortured me and Daniel.
"Are you ok Grayson?"
"I'm fine."
"SHUT UP!!!"
Once again I was struck with both ends of the hammer, but when Winston went to hit me a third time I disarmed him so I had possession of the hammer."
"WHAT THE FUCK!!!?"
"TRISTAN!!! OSCAR!!! GET--"
Was all Winston could say before I knocked him out. Just to be sure he wasn't faking it I struck him a few more times on the head. I quickly freed Daniel and told him to find a place to hide.
Daniel quickly ran into a nearby locker and once I made sure that he was safe I waited for Oscar and Tristan to come into the basement.

15 minutes later...
"It's safe to...come out...Daniel."
Daniel came out of the locker and ran over to me.
"Jesus Christ! Are you all right Grayson?"
"I'm fine."
"Can you stand?"
"Let's find out."
I slowly stood up and once I was standing upright and took one step I fell onto my side.
"I guess that's a no."
"Here, let me help. I know that it's going to be a long walk back home from here, so do you think you can make it?"
"Yeah."
"Ok, let's get going after I get rid of any fingerprints you left on everything you touched and replace them with new ones."
"Good idea."

45 minutes later...
"Here we are, home sweet home."
"Thank goodness you're home Daniel, I was worried sick!"
"We were kidnapped, but my friend here got us out of that jam."
"Thank you for helping my precious baby boy."
"Mom, you're embarrassing me."
"You're welcome Mrs. Beliveau. And that's mothers will do sometimes Daniel, plus they're just joking around."
"I know. How's your ankle?"
"Still hurts. I'm just glad that it's just a sprain and nothing serious."
"After what you've done, you're more than welcome to stay here until you're fully healed."
"Thank you."
But before I could even take a step or before anyone could say anything else, I reappeared into the present.