3. First Meeting Donatello

Central Park was where you were today.  With your new camera now in your possession, you now had the opportunity to take more pictures for your scrapbook.  It was a gorgeous day to be out too, maybe a little windy, but that didn't stop you.

"Don't you have enough pictures?"  You hear a voice say.  When you turned to look behind you, your (e/c) eyes caught the sight of someone familiar closing in with two ice creams in in hand.

"Be patient, Uncle Vern," you coo, "my new camera will be used for however long I want to use it."

He had been your father figure for over five years now, making his home your own and your place of peace until it was your time to decide to move out.  A violent car crash had taken your parents away from you, and in fear of you being taken away Vern was quick to take you in his arms as well as his home. Here is where you would stay until the next chapter of your life came upon you.

You held your camera close to your chest and looked at it's small screen, smiling happily to yourself as you observe the wonders of the world you had captured. Satisfied with your work, you nod and hum to yourself contently.

"Think I have enough."

Putting your new device into your bag, you turn to look at your uncle who was absentmindedly lapping away at his ice cream. Yours was on the verge of melting so you quickly take it.

"Thanks for the ice cream," you say, smiling as your favorite flavor goes down smoothly.  "Who called you before you left for these?"

He licks his lips and tries to catch the melting ice cream on his cone before it lands on his pants. He grunts in frustration and wipes it up with one of the napkins he brought.

"April," Vern says lowly, clearly more interested in cleaning himself up, "just reminding me of what we're going over this weekend for the news."

"You ever gonna take me to meet her?" you ask, "you talk about her all the time."

He then turns to you and you can't help but laugh at how far his brows are furrowed.

"I do not," he protests, and results in you giggling again. "I don't!"

"You're crushing on her, don't even try to deny it," you smile widely. He simply scoffs at your direction and focuses on his food, which was rapidly melting in his hand. It was a race against time now for both of you to finish these cones. 

A couple minutes passed before you dug out your camera once more, deciding to see if there were more settings you may have not yet discovered on it.  However, while going through your photos again to try filters on them, there was one specific photo you had first taken when you bought it; a small detour to the top of your apartment complex to take a picture of the rooftops while all the signs and neon lights lit up the sky. It was beautiful for your first photo, but also your most strange. The more you looked at it you seemed to notice figures in the bottom corner. You could clearly see legs and arms, but the body was rather large. 

"I took this not long ago," you announce softly as you gave Vern your camera.  He took it carefully to look. "I still don't know what it is. Bottom corner."

As Vern looked over the screen, his facial expression seemed to change dramatically. You realize his skin has turned pale and his mouth gapes open slightly, nearly appearing to have seen a ghost.  You tapped his arm and he came out of his haze after a few seconds, handing you back your camera. 

"Are you alright?"  You asked him, he nodded rapidly. "Then why do you look like that?"

Vern then immediately stands up and digs his phone out, frantically pushing buttons.  He was panicked as he spoke.