Chapter 79: You Don't Deserve It

Gu Nuannuan recalled Jiang Xiaosu's exact words and relayed them, "Xiaosu was afraid you'd kill him if something happened to me, so he made me get out of the car."

"Good, he can avoid punishment this time."

Acting as a messenger, Gu Nuannuan conveyed her husband's words to Jiang Xiaosu verbatim.

At that moment, Jiang Xiaosu felt like his head and body were about to separate. "Damn, is my uncle even human? How does he know all this from another city?"

Gu Nuannuan was equally curious. "Yeah, how does your uncle know? He can't just be guessing."

Jiang Xiaosu had not been having a good time lately.

Soon, the family doctor arrived. Jiang Lao pointed to the two children on the sofa, "These two crashed the car into the wall. Check them thoroughly, especially the girl. She's Chenyi's wife, and if something happens to her, Chenyi won't forgive us when he returns."

The doctor glanced at Gu Nuannuan, who looked back at him, feeling guilty.

After a thorough examination, both were found to be fine, which relieved the Jiang family.

This crash had given the Jiang family a scare.

Gu Nuannuan found herself more restricted within the Jiang household.

"Dad, Brother, Sister-in-law, I'll go to school with Xiaosu."

Gu Nuannuan finished breakfast and was changing shoes at the entrance.

Jiang Lao, using his cane, hurried over, though the cane didn't do much.

"Wait, today the driver will take you to school."

Gu Nuannuan and Jiang Xiaosu exchanged glances.

"No need, Dad. Xiaosu's driving skills are fine."

Jiang Xiaosu nodded in agreement.

Jiang Lao shook his head firmly. He wouldn't let the two kids drive.

"No, I don't trust you two driving. Wait a bit, the driver is on his way."

Both Gu Nuannuan and Jiang Xiaosu resisted this, with Jiang Xiaosu even attempting to sneak away with the car keys.

"Xiaosu, stop right there!" Jiang Lao shouted.

Jiang Xiaosu stopped obediently, turned around, and pleaded with Jiang Lao, "Grandpa, yesterday was a mistake. It won't happen again today. Don't overreact. I can't avoid driving forever."

Jiang Lao, not willing to take any risks with his only grandson, stood firm.

Then Mayor Jiang appeared. "Xiaosu and Nuannuan, come with me. It's on my way."

"That works too, as long as they don't drive."

So, for the first time, Gu Nuannuan went to school in Mayor Jiang's car.

Coincidentally, they saw Su Xiaomo and Su Linyan talking at the school gate.

Based on years of experience, Jiang Xiaosu deduced, "Sister Mo must have had another argument with her brother."

Gu Nuannuan nodded in agreement. "Looks like she ticked off Brother Su again."

"Who are you talking about?" Mayor Jiang asked.

Gu Nuannuan pointed to the girl in the purple sweater and white skirt at the school gate. "Her."

Mayor Jiang followed her gaze and saw Su Xiaomo's face. He smiled. "This is the girl you and Xiaosu always talk about, Su Xiaomo?"